playMaker

Author Topic: Is PlayMaker compatible with Prefab Evolution? [Solved][Incompatible]  (Read 1824 times)

Tricky_Widget

• Junior Playmaker
I've been vexed by Unity's inability to nest prefabs and I just discovered a plugin called Prefab Evolution.  It implements prefab nesting and sounds like a dream come true for regular Unity scripters.

However, I'm guessing life might not be so easy for us PlayMaker folks.  Does anyone know if PlayMaker is compatible with Prefab Evolution?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 01:56:21 PM by jeanfabre »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Is PlayMaker compatible with Prefab Evolution?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 01:20:54 AM »
Hi,

I never used this asset, so I think you should enquire with the author. But it could be a problem since the properties are burried inside the PlayMaker framework and maybe this asset is using the regular Unity API to deal with nested changed properties.

Bye,

Jean

Tricky_Widget

• Junior Playmaker
Re: Is PlayMaker compatible with Prefab Evolution?
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 01:31:07 PM »
I contacted the author of Prefab Evolution and he offered me a refund if it didn't work, so I gave it a try.  Sadly, it does not work.  PlayMaker gets very confused about which prefabs it is associated with (it seems to think that every instance of a prefab is a new prefab).  So I'm afraid we'll have to wait for official nesting support.