playMaker

Author Topic: Hi i like playmaker but it need some changes  (Read 3988 times)

rik

Hi i like playmaker but it need some changes
« on: March 02, 2015, 03:13:28 PM »
Hi i was using playmaker i want some changes to new version
most important i see was when i want to send an even i need wait action or similar
what i think is why every action have wait action in built.

And most important thing was playmaker was lacking few actions which plays major role in community say start app
i requested start app before 3 months it was still not yet started i suggest playmaker will take some actions to make custom actions really quick than waiting months or years.

i like playmaker  ;)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Hi i like playmaker but it need some changes
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 01:03:10 AM »
Hi,

Do you have the post on this request you made? I'll check it out.

you have plenty of solution for waiting, there is a "Wait" action, there is a delay property in the "Send Event", and you can maintain your own timer if yyou want to go crazy :)

Bye,

Jean

rik

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 07:14:40 AM »
Hi jean i know i can use wait action but i was asking add wait action to all the playmaker scripts

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 07:30:42 AM »
Its better to segment your design in such a way that you simply do a group of actions or a state and then transition to a wait state and go from there.

I think having a wait on every applicable action is more complex than you are expecting it to be. This would fundamentally change a lot and wouldn't be a simple update while not really serving any noteworthy returns considering that its very easy to just segregate the states instead.
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

wheretheidivides

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 09:13:27 AM »
"Hi jean i know i can use wait action but i was asking add wait action to all the playmaker scripts'

ALL?  Seriously?  Do you know how much work that would be?  There is already a 'wait' action you can use anywhere so it's un-needed.  it's more powerful with out it, however good suggestion.  this is not the unity forems where people bash you for ideas.  here playmaker types like ideas, even if it's not practical.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 09:47:13 AM »
hi,

Yeah, I see where you are coming from, but I agree with Lane and wheretheidivides, and think about actions as lego blocks, you can turn your state into a sequential state, have your actions each with a following wait and you have it.

you'll find that you won't be using wait that much actually, also prefer using events with a delay, because then you can visuall see your progression in your fsm, something amazing for debuging, it will save you hours when you want to find an issue, so indeed spread your logic across states, insert waits for each transition and you'll be good for a very powerful setup, easy to maintain and obvious.

Bye,

Jean

rik

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2015, 08:39:02 AM »
Hi i was using wait actions a lot, so i ask for adding wait to all the actions but i think some logic events and some actions which can send events mostly dont need wait but some actions which dont have for example add int add and float add operators and some actions like those may need wait actions.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2015, 02:51:34 AM »
Hi,

yep, and the best way to go about this currently is to have these actions in their own states where you can transit to them states using a wait action or a sendEvent with a delay.

Bye,

Jean