playMaker

Author Topic: Playmaker 1.7.8 Released - Unity 5 compatible  (Read 56376 times)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Playmaker 1.7.8 Released - Unity 5 compatible
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2015, 05:10:33 AM »
Hi,

I added an entry in the troubleshooting section of the documentation to solve this get_guiTexture issue.

https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W624#get_guiTexture

Thanks for you help on this. I went for a manual move of the various assets, but I think people more acquainted with unity and rep will also use reverting files and similar tricks.

Bye,

Jean

Mr-Brett

• Playmaker Newbie
  • Not very technical Artist
    • Portfolio
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2015, 06:36:52 AM »
ArrayMaker is a separate package from the wiki, not an official package.

Is this the only error you get, you have no other errors ( different errors, not repeatably the same one I mean)

Ok thanks.
It's just that error and the fix you liked to has sorted that out. Also There was a strange bug that started when I upgraded and has also gone, so I guess it was caused by the get_guiTexture error, strange :)

cb

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2015, 11:24:33 AM »
It shows as soon as the project is loaded. Really, Unity 5 has messed up a lot of my code. There's all sorts of scripts missing. I think I'll sit it out and await the next Unity 5 patch and next PM update :-\

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2015, 12:37:02 PM »
Hi,

My personal opinion is not to switch a project from 4x to 5x. This doesn't make sense in practice, so start a new project in 5, yes, ok, but updating from 4x to 5x knowing how much changes, is dangerous, especially when physics is involved. If you have games and project not using Rigidbodies, then you can attempt it.

also, make sure you double check the troubleshoot, typically, the only problem is the way unity packages now rely on internal ids as opposed to filename ( as I understood it), and so a clean deletion of PlayMaker and re import is necessary in some cases ( not every case, I haven't had any of my personal project exposing these issues yet).

Bye,

Jean
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 01:26:10 PM by jeanfabre »

Tricky_Widget

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2015, 08:48:43 AM »
When I import the 2D Actions, Unity 5 tells me the API needs upgrading.  When it attempts to do it automatically, it gives these errors:

Assets/PlayMaker Unity 2D/Actions/Internal/RigidBody2dActionBase.cs(20,35): error CS0619: `UnityEngine.GameObject.rigidbody2D' is obsolete: `Property rigidbody2D has been deprecated. Use GetComponent<Rigidbody2D>() instead. (UnityUpgradable)'

Assets/PlayMaker Unity 2D/Actions/Internal/RigidBody2dActionBase.cs(20,25): error CS0266: Cannot implicitly convert type `UnityEngine.Component' to `UnityEngine.Rigidbody2D'. An explicit conversion exists (are you missing a cast?)

I also get similar errors for GetMass2d.cs, SetGravity2dScale.cs, SetIsFixedAngle2d.cs, SetIsKinematic2d.cs, SetMass2d.cs, Sleep2d.cs, and WakeUp2d.cs.  I manually replaced calls to rigidbody2D with GetComponent<Rigidbody2D>() in those files and the errors went away.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 09:24:29 AM by Tricky_Widget »

MarkD

« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2015, 03:09:00 PM »
Anyone know what this error is about? (image attached)

Error Editing Action
Method not found: 'UnityEngine.GameObject.get_collider'.

The event still works, btw, but if I try to add another Trigger event to the same state the state UI goes blank.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2015, 06:16:32 PM »
When I import the 2D Actions, Unity 5 tells me the API needs upgrading.  When it attempts to do it automatically, it gives these errors:

Assets/PlayMaker Unity 2D/Actions/Internal/RigidBody2dActionBase.cs(20,35): error CS0619: `UnityEngine.GameObject.rigidbody2D' is obsolete: `Property rigidbody2D has been deprecated. Use GetComponent<Rigidbody2D>() instead. (UnityUpgradable)'

Assets/PlayMaker Unity 2D/Actions/Internal/RigidBody2dActionBase.cs(20,25): error CS0266: Cannot implicitly convert type `UnityEngine.Component' to `UnityEngine.Rigidbody2D'. An explicit conversion exists (are you missing a cast?)

I also get similar errors for GetMass2d.cs, SetGravity2dScale.cs, SetIsFixedAngle2d.cs, SetIsKinematic2d.cs, SetMass2d.cs, Sleep2d.cs, and WakeUp2d.cs.  I manually replaced calls to rigidbody2D with GetComponent<Rigidbody2D>() in those files and the errors went away.

Thanks for reporting this. We'll update add-ons as quickly as possible to Unity 5 compatibility...

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2015, 06:18:32 PM »
Anyone know what this error is about? (image attached)

Error Editing Action
Method not found: 'UnityEngine.GameObject.get_collider'.

The event still works, btw, but if I try to add another Trigger event to the same state the state UI goes blank.

Are you sure you're using Playmaker 1.7.8 (you updated Playmaker in the Unity 5 asset store). I tried it here and didn't get that error. The error looks like it's using 1.7.7.

MarkD

« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2015, 06:58:01 PM »
Well, I WAS sure until I double checked the version ## for Playmaker.  It's still showing 1.7.7

I've installed the 1.7.8 version three times now and the release version doesn't seem to be changing.

Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2015, 09:01:35 PM »
You should see an Upgrade Guide. The version number comes from the dlls which were not re-built for this version. But if you see an Upgrade Guide then you have 1.7.8. There should be a note about this in the Upgrade Guide.

You might also have some GUID conflicts, so you could try the steps in the Troubleshooting guide to re-import Playmaker:
https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W624

Slater

« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2015, 04:28:41 PM »
Now I checked and saw that it is running 1.7.7f6 so I tried to upgrade(import) 1.7.8 from Asset Store. And it is acting all weird and it is now having double files again and it is still on 1.7.7f6. Getting really annoying. What should I do?

And I also get Plugin 'PlayMaker.dll' is used from several locations...
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 04:30:35 PM by Slater »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2015, 10:00:44 PM »
Please see the previous post. If you have the Upgrade Guide you have 1.7.8 - the dll is still 1.7.7, sorry for the confusion!

Unity 5 changed the way assets are imported from unitypackages, and in some situations this can cause duplicate files. The Troubleshooting page has a fix for this:
https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W624

cb

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2015, 06:38:55 AM »
Finally realise what's happening re missing WWWObject action. My Unity settings were originally for WebPlayer, I then switched to Android (I'm trying to develop for the two platforms). When using Android settings there is no WWWObject action available in Playmaker Actions, but becomes available when switched to WebPlayer settings.

Bit confused...should I have access to the WWWObjectaction for non-WebPlayer settings?

UndercoverDesigns

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2015, 10:20:06 PM »
I'm having a bit of an issue.  I'm running Unity 5.0.0.f4, Playmaker 1.7.8, on Mac OS.  When I import Playmaker into an empty project, with no other assets, and load up an empty test script and perform a build, I get:

"Error CS0246: The type or namespace name `CustomActionEditor' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference? (CS0246) (Assembly-CSharp-Editor)"

The project will execute fine, but I can't build without a bunch of errors like the one above.

Any idea?

Gabe

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2015, 02:09:01 AM »
Hi,

If you click on this error, what file is it pinging in the project. What is the source code of your empty test script or that file that is pinged if different?

Bye,

Jean