playMaker

Author Topic: Unity 5 and Character Motor Script  (Read 11139 times)

binkley

Unity 5 and Character Motor Script
« on: March 06, 2015, 06:28:10 PM »
Hello,
I am using Unity 5.0 and PlayMaker 1.7.8.  In previous versions I could make a character jump by using the Character Motor script and the Set Property action to set the isJumping property.  However that script is not in Unity 5, or if it is where is it? 

I have tried using the Third Person Character script in Unity 5 as that contains code for handling jumping, but there is no isJumping property.  Any ideas how to go about getting a basic character jumping with Unity 5? 

thank you

binkley

Re: Unity 5 and Character Motor Script
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 06:35:15 PM »
Bump in case anyone else has the chance to look at this.

It looks to me like the Third Person Character script (from the standard assets - character controllers) contains the actual movement.  I was thinking that it would be nice if I could latch into the

public void Move

method that it has and give the method a value of true for the bool jump parameter, but that does not appear to work either.  Anyone have any thoughts on what I am overlooking to get a character to jump like it did with Unity 4?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 02:52:42 AM »
Hi,

Yeah, the whole system was updated. We'll need to go over all of this. Please bump regularly.

Bye,

Jean

binkley

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 04:06:19 PM »
Just a bump in case anyone has had a chance to look in to it.

binkley

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2015, 06:46:02 AM »
bump

binkley

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2015, 08:50:02 AM »
bumping again in case anyone else has had a chance to look into this

mdotstrange

• Can't code? Who cares! Make games anyway!
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2015, 05:02:37 PM »
I ran into the same thing- I ended up grabbing the old character motor script from an old project and have been using that- works fine in Unity5- I attached it
Indie game dev and instructor at the Strange School. Learn Playmaker at the Strange School!

binkley

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2015, 05:01:04 PM »
Thanks, I'll take another look at that.  Had considered going that route but never did follow through on it, guess I should have though :)