playMaker

Author Topic: Plugins colliding with each other  (Read 4966 times)

shermanftw

• Playmaker Newbie
Plugins colliding with each other
« on: March 26, 2015, 02:48:42 PM »
I am in a pretty odd situation. I have been trying to build one of the prototypes for a game that I am working on and keep running into an error ( Plugins colliding with each other) that is stopping the game from being built. I checked and seems I have 4 playmaker.dll that are conflicting with the process. I can not simply delete them as some playmaker code will vanish into thin air if that is done (learned that the hard way).

So quick and simple how can I get my game to be built with the problem I am having at the moment?

thanks
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 03:37:00 PM by shermanftw »

shermanftw

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Plugins colliding with each other
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 10:32:06 AM »
Has anyone had this problem or know of a solution?

stigma

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 03:40:36 AM »
I also have this error and I have not yet found a solution

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 09:55:24 AM »
Hi,

So I assume you have upgraded from 1.x to 5.x right?

Typically, what worked for me was to first update PlayMaker when still in 4.x and then when it all works upgrade the projec to 5.x.

Can you try that?

else, I would try to package scenes and prefabs from your 4.x project and import them into a fresh 5.x project with PlayMaker already installed, basically from a clean project where PlayMaker is properly installed.

get back to me if you have still problems. It's a pain for everyone... Unity evolves and it's a good thing, but it makes updrading from major version something difficult. I would tend to say it's best like that, otherwise Unity would be locked into old ways, so I personnaly prefer they move forward then simply stay stuck because they privilege backward compatibility. But yeah... it means it's a pain to upgrade :)

Bye,

Jean