playMaker

Author Topic: converting project produces 999+ errors[SOLVED]  (Read 16835 times)

9TOFRIDAY

• Playmaker Newbie
converting project produces 999+ errors[SOLVED]
« on: July 13, 2015, 08:33:41 AM »
Hey peeps.

ok so i wanted to convert my project to windows phone. firstly selecting the windows store, is this correct? my friend said that the section  "windows phone 8" is not correct - I'm already confused here is this right?

once converted i get 999+ errors mostly from the actions folder - can someone please help me by just telling me what to do to fix this.

so microsoft has given me a phone for a week to load it on there store, so I'm running out of time and need to give it back by friday.

Please, any assistance will be appreciated.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 09:22:15 AM by jeanfabre »

9TOFRIDAY

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: new project 999+ errors
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 08:34:40 AM »
using
unity 5.1.1p4
playmaker - 1.7.8
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 09:00:25 AM by 9TOFRIDAY »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 02:04:22 AM »
Hi,

Have you properly switch PlayMaker to Windows phone 8 deployment? it's included in PlayMaker, you just need to set it up in Unity 5 ( in the plugins folder).

Bye,

Jean

9TOFRIDAY

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 02:33:57 AM »
Thank you so much for getting back to me.

i didn't know about those settings at all i apologise.

so when adding the wp8 settings i have a dll error saying that the plugins colliding with each other.

Plugin 'PlayMaker.dll' is used from several locations:
 Assets/Plugins/PlayMaker/WP8/PlayMaker.dll would be copied to <PluginPath>/PlayMaker.dll
 Assets/Plugins/PlayMaker/PlayMaker.dll would be copied to <PluginPath>/PlayMaker.dll
Please fix plugin settings and try again.

UnityEditor.Modules.DefaultPluginImporterExtension:CheckFileCollisions(String)
UnityEditorInternal.PluginsHelper:CheckFileCollisions(BuildTarget) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Plugins/PluginsHelper.cs:25)
UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

9TOFRIDAY

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2015, 03:44:22 AM »
Hi,

Have you properly switch PlayMaker to Windows phone 8 deployment? it's included in PlayMaker, you just need to set it up in Unity 5 ( in the plugins folder).

Bye,

Jean

as i said in my previous post i didn't notice those settings. could i just ask what they should be? I've tried various variations now, but i actually don't understand what that is doing. could you maybe explain to me whats happening with that dll?

and could you please answer this for me - should i switch my build settings to windows store? or windows phone 8? this is so confusing because windows store has phone option. i apologise for asking this noob question, I've recently only added the windows phone licence and its not as simple as Xcode.

and just to clarify i am running it on a windows 8 machine.

thank you so much for assisting me.

i eagerly await your response.
luke

9TOFRIDAY

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: converting project produces 999+ errors
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2015, 05:05:58 AM »
hey Jean

ok i think I've almost gotten it right. i went and just change the playmaker.dll and checked wsaPlayer. now i get those network errors. so i deleted the network folder but those were just the actions i think. i can't find any photon folder.

where do i turn this off or which folder should i delete?

thanks again for your time

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2015, 05:57:29 AM »
Hi,

You need to delete the "Photon Unity networking" at the root of the project.

Bye,

Jean

9TOFRIDAY

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2015, 06:11:32 AM »
hey jean

there is no root folder with that name. ive included an image of the scene so you can see.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2015, 06:37:31 AM »
Hi,

ok, so what makes you think it's related to photon? you mention photon in your last post.

as for these errors, have you tried to use ".NET20" as opposed to the sub set? it's in the player settings.

Bye,

Jean

9TOFRIDAY

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2015, 06:45:16 AM »
Hi,

ok, so what makes you think it's related to photon? you mention photon in your last post.

as for these errors, have you tried to use ".NET20" as opposed to the sub set? it's in the player settings.

Bye,

Jean

because the errors are related to networking.
i just tried your solution. unfortunately that didn't work.
any other suggestions?

can i please confirm exactly what i need to do in the dll files. what checkboxes must i select?
do i leave the playmaker/wp8/Playmaker.dll alone?

do i just edit the playmaker/playmaker.dll?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 07:17:11 AM by 9TOFRIDAY »

9TOFRIDAY

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2015, 07:51:21 AM »
Hey Jean

is there maybe a link that you can share that has a step by step instruction for converting to windows store / windows phone

or after this i will make one because I'm sure its just something simple that I've missed.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2015, 05:07:14 AM »
Hi,

Windows Store publishing is not yet supported. you can request access to the Beta which allows for windows Store publishing.

so, can you confirm you want to publish for windows Phone or windows Store?

Bye,

Jean

9TOFRIDAY

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2015, 09:13:16 AM »
Hey jean

thanks so much for getting back to me - awesome support!!!!!!!!!

i don't know - i have apps on android and iOS and i want them available on microsoft phone or phones that run microsoft. is there a difference?

In the gaming SA community it was suggested that i use the windows store, so yes i think thats what i want to do.

if you don't mind can you explain the difference? because the windows store option has windows phone sub option.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2015, 09:49:12 AM »
Hi,

Windows Store is for the laptop and desktop, where Windows Phone is solely for windows Phone devices. So what you want in your case is to target windows Phone platform.

If however you want to publish to the windows store, then you'll need to request access to the beta, and for this simply send an email to hutonggames with your asset store invoice and a gmail address explaining you need to access windows store.

Bye,

Jean

9TOFRIDAY

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2015, 06:11:12 AM »
Hey Jean

Thanks so much for the support - unfortunately i had to give loan phone back to Microsoft - and this mean i will revisit this when the give me the chance to borrow it again.

i had the chance to test with windows phone which seems to work fine and actually the direction i want to go in.

thanks again