playMaker

Author Topic: Failed to build for windows phone, [DATAMAKER INCOMPATIBLE]  (Read 39621 times)

ergin

• Junior Playmaker
Failed to build for windows phone, [DATAMAKER INCOMPATIBLE]
« on: August 04, 2015, 11:02:15 PM »
Hello,

my app builds fine to Android but fails at windows phone

I use .xml as text asset and Datamaker for arrays. Projects without Playmaker builds to windows phone fine.

Screen Capture is attached. Thanks
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 02:19:44 AM by jeanfabre »

ergin

• Junior Playmaker
Re: Failed to build for windows phone
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 08:40:43 PM »
Projects with playmaker builds fine to windows phone but as soon as I import DataMaker into project, build fails with given errors. So it is Datamaker. I don't even bind or use any datamaker component its only imported...
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 11:37:35 AM by ergin »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 01:47:21 PM »
Hi,

I am pretty sure I updated DataMaker to counter this issue few weeks agi. Can you download it it again, and if that doesn't work, tell me which version of DataMaker and PlayMaker utils you have ( in the folders, you'll have files like "VersionInfo" or changelog" to find the version number)

Same with the Warnings, if you get uGui full package from the ecosystem, the warnings should go awa too ( fixed it yesterday).

Bye,

Jean

ergin

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 06:11:21 PM »
Hello and thank you for the reply!

Playmaker version: 1.7.8.3
Unity 5.1.2f1

#DataMaker Change log ### 1.0.3
{"Major":1, "Minor":0, "Patch":3, "Build":3, "Type":"f"}

#ArrayMaker Change log### 1.1.3
Arraymaker {"Major":1, "Minor":1, "Patch":3, "Build":0, "Type":"f"}

#PlayMaker Utils Change log### 1.1.3
{"Major":1,"Minor":1, "Patch":3, "Build":0, "Type":"f"}

#PlayMaker uGui Change log### 1.1.1
{"Major":1, "Patch":1, "Build":1, "Type":"a", "Minor":1}

When I get and install datamaker - ugui packages from ecosystem I get the attached screen capture error. ("Assets / Run API updater" is disabled)

Also, I develop my project at another offline computer. How can I transfer ecosystem downloaded packages into offline computer?

Thanks again.

ergin

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2015, 06:00:08 PM »
I downloaded and installed all the addons from ecosystem. Project still doesn't build for windows phone.

As soon as I Import datamaker into any project, it doesn't build for windows phone. Still builds to android.

Is there any others steps that I might have missed such as installing the plugin. Plugin is present at the plugins folder, is there any other thing I have to do?

ergin

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2015, 07:44:13 PM »
I still couldn't make Datamaker projects build to windows phone, could it be the amd cpu? (since all of my cpu's are)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2015, 01:18:24 AM »
Hi,

I am testing right now. I'll get back when I have found the issue and provided a fix.

Thanks for giving me the versions, it helps, I am glad this is coming useful, it took me a while to start maintaining version info but it's good!

Bye,

Jean

ergin

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2015, 08:22:19 AM »
Thanks, I look forward for the fix.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2015, 02:19:04 AM »
Hi,

Unfortunatly, after trying several ways to make datamaker work on windows phone, It's just not compatible as is.

You can work with Json however, which is likely why I got confused because I fixed json support for the windows platform ( within PlayMaker Utils and the Ecosystem), but not xml.

The problem is that windows phone has a special sub set support for what Unity/.net provides in general, and xml has been replaced by a version that has less support, and xPath. which means for DataMaker to work on Windows Phone, it would need a specific version using some specific commands and the logic to use to search in your xml would be different which means you would not be able to port a unique project across different platforms.

It's very bad that Windows which created the .net, is the one not supporting it properly, whereas other mobile platform support it better... it's very frustrating indeed.

I made a note on the wiki. I am also working on a project scanner within the Ecosystem which will provide in depth analysis of waht's compatible and not, this should prevent ending up in your situation.

If your project is locked because of this, we could discuss your actual needs and find an alternative so that it works across platforms.

Bye,

Jean

ergin

• Junior Playmaker
Re: Failed to build for windows phone, [DATAMAKER INCOMPATIBLE]
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2015, 11:36:41 AM »
Thank you! I'm currently completing the android version and as soon I finish it, I'll switch to json for windows phone.

Thanks for the great support!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2015, 03:01:25 AM »
Hi,

Good. Let me know how it goes.

Bye,

Jean

ergin

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2015, 01:47:03 PM »
Hello Jean, thanks for great support!

I finished android version of the game, now I want to implement Windows Phone version.

Since "as soon as" I import datamaker into unity3d, it doesn't compile, How I can use Json with datamaker? Is there way to do it without datamaker? Do you have any recommendations? I have around 1000 strings(which are around 200 chars each) I store/search these strings with datamaker inside .xml file. If I store each string as variable string0001, string0002 would this cause memory issues?

Thanks!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2015, 12:39:12 AM »
Hi,

I would use arrayMaker, have a text file where each line represent one string, you can then split your text using the Return char, and you end up with an arrayList of yll your strings.

use the action "SplitTextToArrayList" to do this.

It will not be practical to create 1000 variables manually... and it would not be possible to work properly with it since you would have to hardcode access to each variables... so it's simply not doable like that.

Explore what I mentionned above for the text split. This is how I would tackle this myself.

trick: to generate this text file, use DataMaker! make a scene that parse your xml and create this string, it will prevent you doing this manually. so have another project where you simply create a scene for this conversion.

Bye,

Jean

ergin

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2015, 03:30:52 PM »
Thanks!  :)

Arraymaker worked great with windows 8 phone. I'll implement the game the way you explained. I hope after splitting whole text into array it will not cause memory issues.

By the way I made use of Split text into Array List a lot in my game but I really missed/needed "serialize array into text". Build string works kinda same way but a loop is required to serialize whole array(array(0), array(1),..) into text!

Note: When I imported arraymaker, it created a folder called datamaker along with arraymaker and it didn't compile, I deleted the datamaker folder and it compiled.

Thanks again!

dudebxl

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2015, 03:47:57 PM »
what do you mean by 'serialize array into text'? Saving/loading arrays?

If yes then you can you playerprefsX array extensions on ecosystem (for small /med size array +/- less than 300 indexes) or playerprefsQ (in this forum) for really large arrays. PlayerprefsX extension uses the normal playerprefs file and playerprefsQ saves into a basic txt file which you can find the path to (action incl). You can then see how it is built.. and if you know a tiny bit of coding you could change how playerprefsQ saves to a format you like.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 03:49:28 PM by dudebxl »