playMaker

Author Topic: New Apple TV / tvOS  (Read 3249 times)

moondust.games

• Playmaker Newbie
New Apple TV / tvOS
« on: September 22, 2015, 07:05:42 AM »
Hi,

As far as I can see there isn't a post about this already. As you know the new Apple TV will have apps and games. Apple TV Development Kits have been sent out to developers for testing and building games (I got one!) and Unity have a beta program for the Apple TV unity builds (I couldn't get in!).

What I wondered is if Playmaker are working on this to provide actions that will work with tvOS? i.e. actions for using the new remote buttons and touch pad and anything else particular to tvOS. This would be great and I can definitely see my next game being playable on Apple TV.

Thanks in advance for any info you can share about this.
Philip, Applaud

dougbello

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: New Apple TV / tvOS
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 03:20:24 PM »
+1!!

Lostcity

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 10:44:35 PM »
+2!!

Actions for Apple Watch would also be nice.

kavery

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 02:37:50 PM »
+3!

The new remote is actually really nice for gaming, has a very accurate touchscreen like surface. Plenty of buttons for actions. And of course an A8 under the hood. The app market seems hungry too. 

« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 03:26:23 PM by kavery »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2015, 01:16:33 AM »
Hi,

I am not aware of any plan officially for TVOS support, but I expect Unity to provide a unified Input system, so it may be that the regular Unity Inputs will work, and so the Input actions will work fine.

as for Apple Watch, there is no support from Unity yet, only some big hacks to make it work. It's on their road map for 2016, until then, unfortunatly, I don't recommand trying to build for apple watch unless you are very fluent with xCode.

Bye,

Jean