playMaker

Author Topic: The animation timeline and event  (Read 2367 times)

michaelssiebert

• Playmaker Newbie
The animation timeline and event
« on: March 19, 2012, 12:58:37 AM »
Hi all,

My problem is that I have an animation of a lift and have an animation of the lift doors..
Both are separate models, but the doors are linked to the lift..
I animated the lift doors and would like to call for the animations of the 'doors' on the 'lift' timeline..
Now I understand it requires an ChangeState + eventname..

My question is: how do I do this and what do I enter below as a value..? And where do i see this animation event on the 'lift' FSM..? Or am I totally wrong now..? HELP!

I have a hard time to understand this really.. I just want to have the open and close animations be played or called for by the 'lift' timeline..

Can someone find the time to help me out, I am desperate..

Sincerely.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: The animation timeline and event
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 01:45:51 AM »
Hi,

Are you using the "play animation" action to animate your lift?

if so, there is a "finish event". simply create en event called "lift arrived" or something, and add this event as a transition on that state, and select this very event in the "finish event" of the "play animation" on that state.

so, when the lift animation has finished, it will transit to that event and go to another state, that other state will play the animation that opens the door.

If you have problems with this, can you share a package with the lift and door animation? will see what can be done.

Bye,

Jean

justifun

• 1.2 Beta
Re: The animation timeline and event
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 06:22:41 PM »
I think what you are trying to do is execute a state on an fsm from the animation time line right?

If so, try using the "send event" event type from the timeline, and in the text field, put the name of the state.

You can type in the name of an event action on the current state you are in, or use a global variable on another state and type its name instead to jump to it.

I dont know if using the event type in the animation timeline works directly with FSMs on another object, however you can have it call an event on itself and put an action in that state that uses "send even to fsm" and fill in the appropriate info for another fsm/state in there instead.

So For Example.

-Add an event transition to the same state that's starting the lifting animation called "broadcast to door"
-On your lifting animation timeline, add an event on the timeline wherever you want.  Use the type "Send Event" and use the name "broadcast to door" as the string in the text field there.
Now add a new state next to your lifting animation state and put an action in there (send event to fsm)
Now connect a line between "broadcast to door" and the new state with the "send event to fsm" action on it

Then in the send event to fsm state...make the game object your door, and pick the appropriate fsm on it and state to change to. such as "open door".

Now you can tweak wherever along your animation timeline you want the door to start its animation based on how far into your lifting animation you are at.

is that what you wanted to do?