playMaker

Author Topic: Action Browser - multiple tabs request  (Read 5742 times)

Mark_T

• 1.2 Beta
  • Junior Playmaker
Action Browser - multiple tabs request
« on: March 20, 2012, 09:17:41 PM »
Hi,

For quite some time I had the feeling that a second tab in the Action Browser will make me happy.
A tab where I can drag&drop the actions I`m using all the time.
Or maybe a tab where I can have specific actions for the project I`m working now.
All this with the hope that I`ll have to browse less and it`ll speed up my workflow.
So, today, after lots of actions browsing (with more or less success), I decided to make a mockup.

Any thoughts?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Action Browser - multiple tabs request
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 03:57:10 AM »
I'd actually like the ability to type an action without even opening the actions browser.

in a state, I would create a new action and an auto search field ( just like the search field of the actions browser), would list me the actions I start typing.

also, the search field is a bit odd, it doesn't find actions if you mix word orders, sometimes it's a fight to find it :)

also, some preference would be nice. I use maybe 10 20 actions top, so If I could simply have them listed ( even if I declare an action as "preffered" manually, or by most used.

and drag and drop :) ah that would be cool as well!

bye,

Jean

Mark_T

• 1.2 Beta
  • Junior Playmaker
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 08:24:59 AM »

Something like this?

It sounds like a good idea.
You`re a coder, and I`m sure you type very fast, around 2-5 times faster than me.
So, for users like you it might be convenient. And also you know almost all the actions by heart. :)
I prefer to click. A separate tab will help me to organize. And considering that my knowledge is not that advanced, for me the browsing is a bit slower.

Maybe having the option to have clone windows for any Playmaker Editor Windows will be a way to achieve this.
Having the option to rename the window, to change the displayed content will bring us closer to this.
Maybe will serve as a temporary sollution to view multiple objects FSMs simultaneously?

tobbeo

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 09:15:02 AM »
This feature is already in there? I use it all the time... unless I misunderstand. I hit the button to bring up the action window, then I start typing and it sorts out the actions based on what I am typing.

Mark_T

• 1.2 Beta
  • Junior Playmaker
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 09:28:30 AM »
 ;D

You can still save one click. :)

« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 09:58:41 AM by Mark_T »

justifun

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 01:05:15 PM »