playMaker

Author Topic: Third Person Controller / Climbing Problem  (Read 1774 times)

Pandur

Third Person Controller / Climbing Problem
« on: April 27, 2016, 04:58:02 AM »
Hello all i have a Problem, i create a Third Person Controller and i will use Climbing on It.My Problem at the Moment is,the Player glitch in the Object with Hands and Body and the Foots.

you can see it here : [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uph7wUKpuw[youtube] on 1:09

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Third Person Controller / Climbing Problem
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 04:44:49 AM »
Hi,

Is this video your game?

I am not sure I see any problems in that climbing animation.

Typically, during this animation, you'll need to to control the hands and foots using IK targets, have you experimented with it already?

Bye,

Jean

Pandur

Re: Third Person Controller / Climbing Problem
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 04:59:18 AM »
Hi Jean,yes that is my New Game / GameController (TheZone)

i work yesterday on a new climbingsystem.Here the states :
*Player starts Trigger Event
*Player Press E (Problem here i use Look At for the player that he look on the Climbing Object and became a better Rotation )
*Player start Animation ( in the Animation is SendEvent to turn off CharMotor and CharCollider)
*Player Hang on Edge ( The biggest Problem here i use set Rotation for the right rotation to the climbingObject and set position for the Right high,the Problem is the Player make the animation and flip to Position and Rotation ( give it a way to change Position on AnimationPlay???)
*Player can press A or D to climb on edge right or left.

Using Mecanim Animator with Root Motion and Humanoid Animations.

Test on AnimatorMatchTarget are not working good (its a long climbobject (traget have i use a box Collider on edge for testing looks unnatural)
Iks bring the same Problem Player jump up and have not right High and rotation on it.

I looking for a function how i can change grabposition and playerrotation smooth on animation play and a option the player take a real rotation to the object.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 05:02:59 AM by Pandur »