playMaker

Author Topic: Ecosystem v.0.4.8  (Read 2531 times)

KoneJone

• Playmaker Newbie
    • Planet Jone
Ecosystem v.0.4.8
« on: May 21, 2016, 06:20:59 AM »
Today I updated from Ecosystem 0.4.5 to Ecosystem 0.4.8. It otherwise seems nice, but now when I search something on Ecosystem, Unity shows this error: "Getting control 1's position in a group with only 1 controls when doing Repaint".

The search function and everything else seems to work, so do I need to be worried?

mdotstrange

• Can't code? Who cares! Make games anyway!
Re: Ecosystem v.0.4.8
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 07:06:58 AM »
I've been getting that error for a few weeks- it comes and goes- doesn't show up during builds or stop anything- its probably just a little a gui/redraw error-
Indie game dev and instructor at the Strange School. Learn Playmaker at the Strange School!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2016, 08:53:06 AM »
Hi,

yeah, you can safely ignore this, I haven't found yet exactly where I messed up the UI, and the error is totally not helping finding out exactly where it is, so I am a bit stuck on that one at the moment.

Bye,

Jean

KoneJone

• Playmaker Newbie
    • Planet Jone
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 10:46:44 AM »
Ok - thanks for the reassurance. :) I actually reverted back to Ecosystem 0.4.5 from my Git, and the error went away. (Not sure if this is helpful info, but if you can come up with any way I can help to reproduce the problem, I'd be happy to.)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 03:51:51 AM »
Hi,

I have this error as well, dont' worry :) I know exactly what it is, but the ecosystem source code is such a frankenstein that it's tricky... and since it's totally harmless, It's ok. There is a big big pending update for the Ecosystem ( you can turn the beta on from the ecosystem top bar), and you'll have access to a scanner system that knows exactly what's in your current project that the ecosystem supports, and so this error is going to go away when I'll have finished with this and made an official update on this.

Bye,

Jean