playMaker

Author Topic: Using Playmaker Proxy Wizard in production  (Read 2100 times)

jayjay

• Playmaker Newbie
Using Playmaker Proxy Wizard in production
« on: June 06, 2016, 02:45:02 PM »
Hello
i'm new here right this is my first post but i use Playmaker since long time
let me first explain what i'm doing:
Custom Actions for a product which is not mine, and i need to use the Proxy Wizard
so my question is: Can i use it and sell my actions on the Asset store ?, am i violating the copyright with this ?
Thank you

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Using Playmaker Proxy Wizard in production
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 11:00:39 AM »
Hi,

No you'll be fine, what you need to be careful is the opposite actually, that depending on the contract you sign with the client, he would own all the code you have used, and that could backfire. It's very very unlickely, but something to know.

You can append the source of the code at the top of scripts if you want to protect them code to fall into ownership of your client.

Bye,

Jean

Bye,

Jean

jayjay

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 02:59:18 PM »
well then better to write my own custom inspector
thanks Jean

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 01:30:26 AM »
Hi,

Well, This is why we have different copyright protection systems, typically, appending this at the top of Scripts make them safe:

This package is released under LGPL license: http://opensource.org/licenses/LGPL-3.0.
This content is released under the (http://opensource.org/licenses/MIT) MIT License.

This means that despite the fact that a client owns the custom code and application you wrote, them scripts with this licenses do not fall into the contract and ownershipt of your client, they remain opensource and usable by any other application, developer client.

I can add that to the Proxy wizard right now if that saves you from writing your own stuff. I did it for ArrayMaker because it's used by major studios that have a strict copyright policy and that worked, they validated the use of ArrayMaker  as opensource within titles that are fully copyrighted

Bye,

Jean