playMaker

Author Topic: Switch Balls  (Read 2744 times)

RC

Switch Balls
« on: June 23, 2016, 08:46:22 PM »
It's a simple game, but took me forever to make.

Not the best game but. I'm still learning. Please download and rate! Thanks guys.

android download:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gunspoonstudio.switchballs

Zeldag

Re: Switch Balls
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 02:59:33 AM »
Hi!

It is pretty good for what it is, I liked the little sparkle animations and sounds go well with the feel of the game.

First issue I noticed is when I tried to search for it using the exact name on my android tab, it was nowhere to be found, so maybe not the best choice of name on those grounds.

Secondly, I have never played a game of this style (there are quite a few by the looks of it), so not sure how difficult it is intended to be, but after 5 minutes of playing it, I couldn't get past 14 points (and the first 20 times I played it was between 0 and 2 lol).

Wouldn't it be better if you had 4 color buttons on the sides or the bottom and the player could just tap the corresponding button and the circle would rotate automatically into position? Only saying this as I find the double tap a bit annoying, but this way the fast paced decision making game-play would kind still be there? Or instead of buttons just tap the circle you want to go to the top?

Overall I would say that I really had to persevere to play for longer than 2 minutes just because of how impossible it seemed at first. But then I had fun for a minute or two once I got the idea :D.

Thirdly, I could not post my score and I never saw an advert, but I was connected to the internet. I didnt test all the facebook stuff cos Im not logged in on the tab.

Here is a video of my 5 minutes with the game:
But also was just wondering did you use unity?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 03:08:08 AM by Zeldag »

RC

Re: Switch Balls
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 09:47:35 AM »
Hi,

Thank you for your time on the feedback. To be honest this game gets pretty annoying. Ive played it like 100x and can't get over 35.
The 4 button on the bottom sounds like a good idea.

About the advert, I don't know why it's not showing up, sometime it takes a while.
Facebook is still not working in my game yet.

Thanks again for your time and feedback! I will look into all your advice on making the game more appealing.