playMaker

Author Topic: Gaze Timer  (Read 16462 times)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Gaze Timer
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2017, 04:53:54 AM »
Hi,

very good, I am glad you got to the bottom of this.

PlayMaker uGui is the proxy between Unity UI and PlayMaker, without it, you'll have to do write scripts to let PlayMaker know about anything UI, so it's mandatory if you don't know how to code, and actually, even if you know, I would still recommand to use it as it's a lot of work to provide such proxy, so you should capitalize on this and avoid waisting time and reinventing the wheel, IF this proxy is suitable for you of course :) If not, you are perfectly welcome to write your own.

check the Fsm involved in this demo to understand why it's needed. In your game of course the buttons will do different thing and hopefully more than just switching the background color :)

Bye,

Jean
 Bye,

Jean

PET

• GamerPET
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2017, 04:56:33 AM »
Technical Game Designer
www.GamerPET.com

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2017, 04:59:55 AM »
Cool :)

PET

• GamerPET
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2017, 05:02:25 AM »
Basically I am able to check if a file exists, if not I can download it from my server using Easy Save (they have nice playmaker integration).

then I can play the file... the file is an actual 360 video that get's downloaded & stored into the device.

All Playmaker. This is only the Loading scene.
Technical Game Designer
www.GamerPET.com

PET

• GamerPET
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2017, 05:25:39 AM »
Damn. After the latest upgrade to 5.6 the whole Gaze thing is not working anymore. Now I have to debug this again :D

Yea. Did an update from EcoSystem... demo scene doesn't work. And I made sure to disable the mouse look (since I'm moving the camera with oculus)

EDIT: But it works if I unplug the Oculus. WTF MAN
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 07:54:35 AM by PET »
Technical Game Designer
www.GamerPET.com

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2017, 09:30:52 AM »
Hi,

crap... Let me know how it goes. I think we should then gather your findings into a dedicated scene we tag as oculus compatible, I am sure a lot of devs will appreciate this.

Let us know how it goes :)

Bye,

Jean

PET

• GamerPET
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2017, 01:17:04 AM »
I have no idea what's the problem yet... but until then I have another question.

I'm trying to make my system less hardcoded. I have a system now that is Using Array Maker List, etc etc. Basically I'm able to check and activate the appropriate buttons for PLAY or DOWNLOAD.

So if I look at a button that says Play, it will send an event for Play. My problem is that I need to know what Button send the Play event, as I will have multiple buttons that can have the Play state.

As you can see here. Both buttons are in the "Play" mode, so both of them can send the Play Event.

-----------------------------------------

I did this by using Get Event Info. I'm getting the Game Object, and then I'm checking the Tag of the Game Object which is already set up by me. SO I'm good :)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 06:36:17 AM by PET »
Technical Game Designer
www.GamerPET.com

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2017, 04:09:47 AM »
Hi,

excellent,

Bye,

Jean