playMaker

Author Topic: Playmaker error Unity 5.5[SOLVED]  (Read 12982 times)

Budde88

Playmaker error Unity 5.5[SOLVED]
« on: November 30, 2016, 10:10:00 AM »
Hey guys, I have updated my project to Unity 5.5.0f1 from 5.4.4f1.
And I now get this error related to playmaker, can someone help?
It seems I have to remove one of the references or sign the assembly
but I'm not sure exactly how to go about it.

error CS1704: An assembly with the same name `PlayMakerEditorResources.resources' has already been imported. Consider removing one of the references or sign the assembly
Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/de/PlayMakerEditor.de.resources.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/es-ES/PlayMakerEditor.es-ES.resources.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
error CS1704: An assembly with the same name `PlayMakerEditorResources.resources' has already been imported. Consider removing one of the references or sign the assembly
Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/de/PlayMakerEditor.de.resources.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/fr/PlayMakerEditor.fr.resources.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/it/PlayMakerEditor.it.resources.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/ja/PlayMakerEditor.ja.resources.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/nl/PlayMakerEditor.nl.resources.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/pt-BR/PlayMakerEditor.pt-BR.resources.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/sv-SE/PlayMakerEditor.sv-SE.resources.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/zh-CN/PlayMakerEditor.zh-CN.resources.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/zh-TW/PlayMakerEditor.zh-TW.resources.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)

Compilation failed: 9 error(s), 0 warnings
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 02:21:10 AM by jeanfabre »

MajorIdea

Re: Playmaker error Unity 5.5
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 11:00:39 AM »
Same issues.

I just deleted those language folders and it works now, although I doubt that's the best idea.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 11:05:37 AM by MajorIdea »

Budde88

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2016, 12:13:51 PM »
What Language folders?

I don't suppose you managed to get a build working with the Emulator? Tizen is making me tear my hair out!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 12:49:07 PM by Budde88 »

realrobo

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2016, 01:46:36 PM »
Also having problem in Unity 5.5.0f3.

error CS1704: An assembly with the same name `PlayMaker' has already been imported. Consider removing one of the references or sign the assembly
Assets/Plugins/PlayMaker/PlayMaker.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
Assets/Plugins/PlayMaker/WebGL/PlayMaker (1).dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)

Compilation failed: 1 error(s), 0 warnings

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2016, 03:45:29 AM »
Hi,

I think you need to clean up your PlayMaker folder and plugins folder.

Make a back up first before doing that.

Bye,

Jean

Budde88

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2016, 05:20:25 AM »
If anyone is interested, the language folders mentioned above are located here --->

Assets\Playmaker\Editor

I have attached an image of the files I deleted
and now my updated game works on Unity 5.5.0f3
I haven't run into any issues just yet after deleting these files,
but make sure you always make a backup in case.

ENJOY!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 07:26:02 AM by Budde88 »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2016, 03:11:57 AM »
Hi,

I am running 5.5 without any of these deletions. what version of 5.5 exactly do you have and also playmaker?

Bye,

Jean

TehFrm4terer

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2017, 01:49:31 AM »
I had the same errors, deleted all the language folders and now it's working.

Playmaker 1.8.3
Unity 5.5.0f3
Windows 10 Home 64-bit, up-to-date

I am currently reimporting Playmaker 1.8.3 to try and bring the folders back (though I don't particularly need them).

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2017, 02:30:13 AM »
Hi,

Very odd. Can you report this via our bug report ( via PlayMaker Menu /Tools/Submit Bug Report) ? thanks :)

Bye,

Jean

Mark S

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2017, 05:52:21 PM »
I was having this exact same problem. Deleting the language files in Playmaker solved it. Thank you for posting the clear instructions and image. Perfect. I would have never figured that out on my own. Really appreciate the community support.

Geropellicer

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2017, 07:20:01 PM »
Hey I´m using Unity 5.5.1f1 with PlayMaker 1.8.1 and deleting the languages folders in Assets/Playmaker/Editor worked for fixing the "An assembly with the same name `PlayMakerEditorResources.resources' has already been imported. Consider removing one of the references or sign the assembly" error

Gua

• Beta Group
    • Andrii Vintsevych
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2017, 09:00:24 AM »
Thanks! It helped.

robluk3833

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2018, 09:35:26 AM »
I have same problem with cs6018.

This post is really old. Why You still did't fix this problem? Are You still support Playmaker?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
Re: Playmaker error Unity 5.5[SOLVED]
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2018, 10:24:18 AM »
Hi,

can you paste the exact error from the Unity console ( you can copy paste the content)

Bye,

Jean

larsmidnatt

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Playmaker error Unity 5.5[SOLVED]
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2018, 10:40:23 PM »
I had the same issue too. Elsewhere it was suggested to restart and/or delete Unity library. Those did not work.

Deleting the language folders fixed the issues for me.