playMaker

Author Topic: Move Legacy Actions to Ecosystem?  (Read 1933 times)

bradbecker

• Playmaker Newbie
Move Legacy Actions to Ecosystem?
« on: December 11, 2016, 11:37:13 AM »
As a new playmaker user working on new projects, it would be great to have the default installation of playmaker filled with all the current actions (like UGUI) and NOT have legacy actions (such as GUI, legacy animation, etc).

I think the legacy stuff should become an ecosystem add-on instead of the up-to-date system support being in add-ons.

Make sense?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Move Legacy Actions to Ecosystem?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 04:49:40 AM »
Hi,

yes, I have this idea in mind too. What I would do while this is pending is remove all actions you don't want, then package them and put them in your Editor standard package folder so that it's here conveniently.

I also though about a tool that remove all actions like a totally clean PlayMaker install. then you bring only what you really need from the ecosystem.

The above would make sense only when the Ecosystem will allow login users so that we can create favorites list online and so when you login, you have some pre made packages stored on the ecosystem featuring only what you want.

It's a long way, but I hope one day I'll have the time to do this. My domain is already ssl compliant, so I'll soon be able to log users, that's the first step.

Bye,

Jean