playMaker

Author Topic: ScreenShot to Texture Variable  (Read 2746 times)

Justin

• Junior Playmaker
ScreenShot to Texture Variable
« on: February 25, 2017, 08:17:24 PM »
I think this had been requested before but I couldn't find the action if there is one. I want to be able to take a screenshot and save it to a texture variable so it can be shared though twitter/facebook/whatsapp or whatever using the android native AN_Share action which allows for a message and a texture to be shared. Does anyone know how to make this? Thanks in advance. ;D

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: ScreenShot to Texture Variable
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 03:57:14 AM »
Hi,

you'll need to use an asset that allow you to get a screenshot in the first place, then it's likely going to be called using a message, so you cand use the action "SendMessage" to trigger a screenshot.

Let me know if you find an asset doing screenshots but can't control it, I'll see if I can do the custom actions and proxy to give you access to this.

Bye,

Jean

Justin

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 04:38:04 PM »
I'm using the Android Native asset.  It comes with an action called "AN_Save Screenshot To Gallery" but there are 0 options under this action, such as saving to texture variable or saving under a certain name to be called later.

I emailed Stans Assets to see if there was a way to do this that I am unaware of...

Thanks for taking time to look into this too.

dudebxl

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 04:21:36 AM »

Justin

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 09:21:50 PM »
I didn't notice that action before, it's exactly what i was looking for! Thank you dudebxl :D