playMaker

Author Topic: Spine Animation with Playmaker [SOLVED]  (Read 3834 times)

wils

• Playmaker Newbie
Spine Animation with Playmaker [SOLVED]
« on: March 14, 2017, 01:23:30 AM »
Hello guys,

I wonder if there are anyone out there using Spine as an animation tool for their game. If there are, how do you control your animations in Playmaker? Currently, I'm having issues with multiple animations switching. I am able to switch between Idle state to Moving state using a Boolean. However, after including my third FSM in the same object to control another animation, the character get stuck.

Currently, the way I'm doing it is having the character itself having different FSM to control different animations. Is it the correct way to do so?

Thanks
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 12:03:31 AM by wils »

Ofonna

Re: Spine Animation with Playmaker
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 03:20:15 PM »
hi, are you sending global events?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 04:20:15 PM by Carmichael »

wils

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 12:53:39 AM »
Hey,

Hmm, I am not using global events, but global variables. Each of the Global Boolean is triggered after each invisible box is clicked on.

For example, I clicked on Box A which sends the global Boolean to my character's  FSM and changes it to a walking state. At the end of the FSM of Box A, I reset my Boolean back to its original state and my character becomes Idle again.

However, when I included a third FSM in the same character, it doesn't work.
PS: 1st FSM: controls moving, 2nd FSM: controls flipping, 3rd FSM: new animation

I hope you understand what I meant. Thanks!

Ofonna

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 01:27:39 PM »
i would like to see the fsm if you could take screen shots, in most cases it's usually minor problems that you failed to pay attention to, secondly global events on multiple fsm on a single gameobject usually dont work which is why i asked, i also hardly use global events for safety, but if you could share your fsm maybe i could help identify the problem.

wils

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 08:34:35 AM »
Hey Carmichael,

Here's the screenshot of the FSM. Currently, there are 3 FSMs, if I disable the looting one it works fine. My character can move freely, but when i enable it. The character won't do animation when it's supposed to run/loot, but Idle works fine.

Thanks. Hope the screenshots help you to get an idea about it.

Ofonna

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 01:00:27 PM »
hi, are you talking about 3 fsms or 3 states, sorry you have to be a bit more specific,
i would have loved to see how you sset up the animations all i can see is your Boolean with 2 extra states, but i think your set up might be the problem, majority of the time it depends on your logic, the looting animation doesnt have to be set up in a different fsm because you would need both idle and running to be false, so you can definitely have another state there that transitions from either idle or running to looting, which means while running is true you can also test for looting in the same ismoving state every frame, or isidle state if its true transition to looting else do nothing, if the fsm transitions to the looting state while looting you would need another bool in the looting state also tesing if your character is idle or moving. having multiple fsms seems to cost your bools to clash making several bools true which could be idle true in one fsm and looting true in another, which means you would be trying to play both your idle anim and looting anim.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 01:33:01 PM by Carmichael »

Ofonna

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2017, 01:26:06 PM »
here is how i'll set up my fsm, the idle animation should play as soon as the game starts, then test to see if the character is moving or looting, if character is moving it goes to the moving state then while the character is moving you test to see if the character is looting or idle, and same as the looting state.

from the information you provided this is what i understand your problem to be, please let me know if i missed something

wils

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2017, 03:16:19 AM »
Hey,

I think I get how you're doing it. I thought using multiple Boolean Test wouldn't work in an event. Now I've managed to create multiple animations for the character.
Thanks!

Currently, I am using the Wait action to wait for my animation to complete before moving to another state else I can't wait for my animation to complete and it just jumps to the end of the whole FSM event.

Again thanks a lot! Solved quite an issue I am facing. :)

Ofonna

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2017, 12:46:20 PM »
you're welcome, i'm glad i could help. wait can be very helpfull as well, i forgot about that.

HeathClose

Re: Spine Animation with Playmaker [SOLVED]
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2017, 12:09:47 PM »
I'm looking heavily into Spine but am having trouble finding how to blend the animations with playmaker... how are you achieving success with this?

Does anyone have success with this?  What actions were used in this example to do the actual changing of the animations?  Was there blending involved?