playMaker

Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Support  (Read 2711 times)

ameshn

• Playmaker Newbie
    • View Profile
Nintendo Switch Support
« on: April 27, 2017, 03:12:54 PM »
I understand there were a number of workarounds needed to get Playmaker compiling on the WiiU. Without going into too much detail has anyone been successful in using Playmaker on the Switch?

Thanks,

Amesh

ameshn

• Playmaker Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Switch Support
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 03:39:03 PM »
I was missing something crucial... I didn't enable Playmaker for the right platform in the settings asset.

After enabling it I just blocked out the problem code with the platform compiler def.

craigz

• Junior Playmaker
    • View Profile
    • Haven Made
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 11:16:21 PM »
So then just for clarification, you were (without getting into it too much  ;) ) able to get something up and running on the Switch?

-craigz

Just

• Playmaker Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 09:31:11 AM »
Developing for Switch is currently invitation only. Practically speaking, without publisher to provide dev kit you probably won't get one, yet. Even more experienced developers have reportedly trouble to acquire one.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/292788/Becoming_a_Nintendo_Switch_indie_dev_will_be_tough_early_on.php

Currently, you have three options to get your game into Switch.

1) Send your pitch of the game to email provided in Nintendo Developer Portal or via Twitter to Damon Baker (@DWBakes).

2) Send your pitch to publisher who already have access to dev kit to provide you one.

http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/nintendo-switch-list-confirmed-games-developers/

Here is list of game titles developed for Switch with their publishers. Some smaller publishers encourages to send pitch of your game in their website.

For example Tinybuild, one of publishers for Switch, have nice detailed explanation what do they expect in pitch: http://www.tinybuild.com/how-to-pitch-your-game

3) And final option, wait it out. No one knows how long it will be invitation only, but if your game is still in early phase, this might be most viable option. In mean time, you can improve your game and do hardware specific matters later. Of course, if your game is practically done, you might try second option.

Third option is what we chose for our project.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 11:17:48 AM by Just »

craigz

• Junior Playmaker
    • View Profile
    • Haven Made
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 10:38:15 AM »
Just looking to confirm if anyone has got a PM project up and running on the Switch? (not about how to get a kit, thank you for your long write up though @Just... :)

-craigz

Just

• Playmaker Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 03:17:13 PM »
Just looking to confirm if anyone has got a PM project up and running on the Switch? (not about how to get a kit, thank you for your long write up though @Just... :)

-craigz

Have fun waiting for more accurate response.

I hope TC got more out of my answer.

serenefox

• Junior Playmaker
    • View Profile
    • Serenefox Games
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2017, 02:45:43 PM »
I just wanted to bump this because I was wondering the same:

Has any gotten playmaker to compile on the switch?
Recent Published Games:

Don't Pop! Dungeon - iOS/Android

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2017, 11:38:40 PM »
Hi,

Unfortunatly, I am not aware of any feedback on this from within the PlayMaker Community.

Bye,

Jean

MABManZ

• 1.2 Beta
    • View Profile
    • MABManZ.com
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2017, 04:04:30 PM »
I can confirm I am using Playmaker with no problems on Switch!

You may have to comment out certain problem code that isn't supported on the platform (such as PlayMovieTexture)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2017, 12:51:59 AM »
Hi,

thanks for the info, very usefull!

Pm me with what you know needs to be ruled out, we could support it out of the box to avoid manual editing of codes.

Bye,

Jean