playMaker

Author Topic: "Manual Update"?  (Read 2788 times)

Arnoob

• Junior Playmaker
"Manual Update"?
« on: May 18, 2017, 02:10:42 PM »
Hello everyone!

I am currently creating a pause menu for my game, which pop up after setting the time scale to 0.
Unfortunately, most of the default actions use the "override void OnUpdate" to be updated, so it doesn't works as it is bound to the time scale.

I saw an experimental feature in the "FSM" tab in playmaker called "Manual Update", which is supposed to give us the possibility to make the updates at an other time than OnUpdate. I would like to update my menu OnGuiUpdate (not linked to TimeScale).

Is there any docs about it? I can't find any so far, and it seems like a feature with a lot of potential!

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: "Manual Update"?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 11:16:14 PM »
Normally a PlayMakerFSM component updates the FSM that it owns every Update, unless Manual Update is checked. If Manual Update is checked you have to call PlayMakerFSM.Fsm.Update() in a script to update the FSM (where PlayMakerFSM is a reference to the component).

Right now you have to write a script to manually call Update. Although you could write an FSM Update action with options to determine when to update the FSM. Which could be interesting!

Arnoob

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 05:33:23 AM »
That seems interesting!

So basically a script that tells the FSMs to update every OnGuiUpdates would do the trick? Can I find an example somewhere (even using an other type of update, I would modify it then)?

I could make an action from it and share it through the ecosystem (I just am not that experienced to do it from scratches).

By the way, I know it's not the topic but how do I share my actions to the ecosystem? I have a few useful ones I made myself (mainly modifying the graphic options at runtime). I'd be glad to share it :-)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 07:10:36 AM »
Hi,

sharing actions to the Ecosystem is done via forking the various Public github repositories, put your action and do a pull request.

Get back to me via pm or skype, I can show you how to do this.

Bye,

Jean