playMaker

Author Topic: Automatic add and assign variables/events to action  (Read 2477 times)

stoffl

• Playmaker Newbie
Automatic add and assign variables/events to action
« on: September 01, 2017, 05:35:59 AM »
Hi there,

The basic idea is that you drag and drop, or add, actions from the browser and it automatic creates and assigns all possible variables by name and type including events in that Fsm state.

I personally think such an option would be a big timesaver. Of course it would be more complicated when you use the same events and variables more often in a fsm. My current workflow is to either create all stuff new working in a new fsm or for big states searching others and copy/paste, which is sometimes quiet annoying in a big project.

I hope you like the idea

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Automatic add and assign variables/events to action
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 05:38:53 AM »
Hi,

Yes, it would be good but it's a tricky beast, because first it should not be automated, it should be optional, because you may already have your variables set and you only need to plug them in.

I would like to see such features too, each action would define what would be the name of the event for a given FsmEvent and the name of a variable for a given field.

I am not aware of any such feature in the road map though, I will raise the case internally. I think it's a good idea.

Bye,

Jean

stoffl

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 05:49:21 AM »
Thank's jean.
I got your point with variables, be it just for events one time.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 02:34:03 AM »
Hi,

I talked to Alex about this and it turns out it's already pretty much there, not fully automated, but you can already ctrl+click on the Variable button to auto create variables with the right name.

check it out: https://twitter.com/JeanAtPlayMaker/status/904592225291698177

I think in a very near future, events will get the same treatment.

Bye,

Jean

stoffl

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2017, 05:53:35 AM »
Hi Jean,

i just tried it out... that is awesome...
Thank's for telling!

Bye
stoffl