playMaker

Author Topic: Question about "Get System Date Time" Action  (Read 1650 times)

ilovelessons

• Junior Playmaker
Question about "Get System Date Time" Action
« on: September 28, 2017, 09:37:05 AM »
Hi,

I am making a game and the game heavily depends on the "Get System Date Time" action in Playmaker.

I know  how to use it and stuff. However my question is, will it access the person's smartphone or tablet date and time automatically? Or will it only work if the user of the game permits me to do so on his device?

If the game is not allowed to access the device date and time the game will not work.   Can anyone tell me how access to a persons systems date and time access work?

Thanks guy/gals :)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Question about "Get System Date Time" Action
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 02:54:59 AM »
Hi,

Accessing time is not something that is asked to the user for permission. Are you experiencing something different?

Bye,

Jean

ilovelessons

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 08:25:22 AM »
Hi Jean,

I havn't built the game as yet. So I didn't want to build the game and only then to realize I needed their permission to get the date and time.

Thanks mate :)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 01:43:09 AM »
Hi,

well, you must test the game on your device at the very least no? I strongly advice against distributing an application on a mobile store that you haven't tested yet on the targeted devices.

If you are not sure, build a simple scene with nothing but just accessing date and time and check it out, you don't need to build the whole game to find this out right?

Bye,

Jean