playMaker

Author Topic: Itween move to and action rearrange problems in 2017.3  (Read 2755 times)

evmo

• Playmaker Newbie
Itween move to and action rearrange problems in 2017.3
« on: January 16, 2018, 11:36:53 PM »
EDIT:  Well I need to lay off the wine while I work on games.  I was actually still on 1.8.3.  Updating to 1.8.7 fixed the action drag and drop issue.  Still having trouble with iTween though.

Hi all. 

I've recently upgraded my projects to 2017.3 and have noticed a few bugs with Playmaker...hopefully someone can shed some light onto what might be going on here.

The first is a problem with iTween.  The "move to" action does not work smoothly anymore.  Game objects will stutter or pop into position rather than moving smoothly. This is only with the "move to" action, all the others seem fine.

The second problem I'm having has to do with rearranging actions in a state.  It's no longer possible to drag and drop them into position. I just get the "buster sign" mouse icon when trying to do this.  It's still possible to move them using the right click menu but this is slow and not ideal.

I've tried updating to the latest version of Playmaker but that didn't help with either of these issues.

Any help would be great!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 12:51:12 AM by evmo »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Itween move to and action rearrange problems in 2017.3
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 02:42:29 AM »
Hi,

I am not sure I replicate anything like that, it does run smooth on my tests.

Also, make sure you test on the device, Maybe it's not smooth in editor but totlaly fine when built.

Indeed, iTween is an very old library, you should consider something more appropriate, like doTween or even the new version of iTween ( by the same author, pending playmaker support, so useable if you don't know how to script).

If you have a test scene where it doesn't run smooth, send it over.

Bye,

Jean

evmo

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 01:10:50 PM »
Hey Jean,

I'm having the issue with 2 different projects both in the editor as well in a build.  This is on a brand new, very high end PC. These are both VR games.

It seems to only be affecting game objects that have additional animations on them like characters with a walk sequence or space ships that have rotating parts. This problem definitely showed up as soon as I upgraded to 2017.3, did not happen in 2017.1.

I'm more than happy to ditch iTween.  Which do you recommend, doTween or the new iTween?

Thanks!

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 03:51:56 AM »
Hi.
The 'new' itween. has no action yet for it and is still limited.

So i would suggest dotween.

You can find actions for it on this post and on the asset store

evmo

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2018, 05:37:06 PM »
Hi.
The 'new' itween. has no action yet for it and is still limited.

So i would suggest dotween.

You can find actions for it on this post and on the asset store

Great thanks!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2018, 01:06:45 AM »
Hi,

By the way you described it, it looks to me that the problem is a conflict for two different systems to control the transform of one gameobject and not a problem with iTween per say.

And yes, maybe the latest versions of Unity or your other assets have changed something which make this race condition worse.

Bye,

Jean