playMaker

Author Topic: Update from 1.2 to latest 1.4 , Globals problem  (Read 1029 times)

dragondeojosrojos

  • Playmaker Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 1
    • View Profile
Update from 1.2 to latest 1.4 , Globals problem
« on: May 28, 2012, 11:57:18 PM »
Hi!
I have an old project with playmaker 1.2 and I wanted to update it to the latest version
I noticed a problem with the global variables, in 1.2 the scenes had a gameobject
called PlaymakerGlobals that stored the variables, but at some point in the 1.3 versions
the variables are stored in playmakerGlobals.asset file (not the exact name)
So my problem is that all my global variables are "deleted" after the update

The scene still have the old playmakerGlobals gameobject with the correct variables
but the fsm's don't reference to it any more.

Is there any way to safely update playmaker? The export globals menu exists from 1.3.3 and later
I searched the forums thinking that there should be lots of angry users from the time this change was made
but I havent found any comments, so maybe there is a good way to do the update

Sorry my english , Playmaker is a great tool!
Thanks
 

Alex Chouls

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3317
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • View Profile
    • LinkedIn
Re: Update from 1.2 to latest 1.4 , Globals problem
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 12:41:04 AM »
Hi,

Global variables were stored on a GameObject in an early beta for 1.2.

Over the course of the beta, we decided it made more sense for globals to be an asset that could be accessed from any scene, so we moved them to PlayMakerGlobals.asset for the final 1.2 release.

Unfortunately there is no way to automatically migrate globals from a GameObject component - officially that functionality was never released! Sorry! That's the downside of early access to features in the beta - sometimes they change before release  :(

You can try adding the globals again, and see if the saved FSMs pick up the new globals. There's a good chance they will, but I can't say for sure, not knowing the beta version you were using... if they don't update automatically, you'll need to go through and hook up the new globals manually.