playMaker

Author Topic: how to move along nodes of an iTween path[SOLVED]  (Read 16114 times)

santelia

• Junior Playmaker
how to move along nodes of an iTween path[SOLVED]
« on: May 31, 2012, 06:07:37 AM »
Hi all,
I have built some paths using Pixelplacement's iTween Path component. Typically every path is contained inside an empty game object. I'm trying to figure out how to move a drone along one of those paths. Let' say my path has 5 nodes. If I use the action iTween Move To, its not self explaining where I have to put what inside its inspector. There's no field where to place node's reference. The name of a path isn't an object. So I cant put the path name inside a variable and then use that variable inside the inspector. Instead, I've tried putting in the variable just the name of the empty object which contains my path, but iTween Move To doesn't follow the path. Any help, maybe resetting all my assumptions and starting with a new process from scratch? Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 03:49:06 AM by jeanfabre »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: how to move along nodes of an iTween path
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 11:06:28 AM »
Hi,

Indeed, the current action doesn't support access to existing path.

what you can do is the following:

in the iTween moveto action, you can create the path there, by specifying the number of nodes ( path nodes). but since you have created the path already and that it actually should supported existing path, I extended the moveTo action, and you can get it here:

http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=1699.0

Bye,

Jean

santelia

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 11:35:08 AM »
Great!
I'm not at my Unity machine now, but I'll try the modified action asap.
Thank you Jean!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 03:29:17 AM »
Hi,

no problem. Have a go, but I feel that actually, a new action specific to path should be made instead of keep adding stuff to the poor moveto action, It would be clearer and easier for to use it.

Bye,

Jean

santelia

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 01:43:33 PM »
Finally I've got the time to use it.
It plays perfectly.
Thank you Jean
 :)