playMaker

Author Topic: Selling PlayMaker Action packs  (Read 6189 times)

Murcho

• 1.2 Beta
  • Junior Playmaker
Selling PlayMaker Action packs
« on: April 21, 2011, 10:41:52 PM »
I came across this package on the Unity Asset store the other day and I was wondering what the PlayMaker team's feeling were on people writing packs that add on to PlayMaker and selling them separate of the PlayMaker package?

I guess there are some cool packages I'd like to write up, and to be able to sell them would be great.  However I'm not sure where the line is between "Belongs on the wiki for sharing" and "Is so awesome it deserves some cash" is.  Also whether this is breaking any of the License agreement terms or anything like that?

Murcho

• 1.2 Beta
  • Junior Playmaker
Re: Selling PlayMaker Action packs
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 11:41:58 PM »
I hate to do the bump, but BUMP!

I'd really like an official response to this, as I have some really cool ideas I'd love to be able to sell.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 12:44:42 AM »
Hi,

This is of course my own opinion, but I don't see anything wrong in selling actions for playmaker. It doesn't steal anything from playmaker, the api is clear, all actions are open sourced and Hutongs is encouraging the built of new modified actions ( of course you'd have to be carefully about rip offs actions, but that's not the point here I think, let's assume we're all on a positive trend). I would actually consider such package if the content really worth it, like a proper full blow integration of ezgui and SM2 with playmaker, iGUI, network, user input management, prefabs, high level components, etc etc. That sure takes a lot of time to do, so if someone has spent the time to carefully craft an action library, I think it has its place in the asset store or somewhere.

Bye,

Jean
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 02:50:54 AM by jeanfabre »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 12:57:55 AM »
Sorry, missed this post...

We'd love to see action packs for PlayMaker in the asset store!

Some caveats:

The third party developer is responsible for all testing and support. Hutong Games does not intend to test third party actions.
The third party developer must take special care to not redistribute Playmaker dlls! (e.g., un-check include dependencies, and double-check the final package).
The third party developer can only use Playmaker/Hutong Games branding that comes from us - just shoot us an email...

We'd also love to get a copy of the actions to play with :)

-Alex

MaDDoX

• 1.2 Beta
    • FluidPlay Studios
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 03:19:08 PM »
Nice, that's what I thought the answer would be. It's common-sense that whatever product increases the visibility - or even the comprehension in the case of video tutorials like the one I'm creating - of PlayMaker can only be benefitial for the product and its community. Thumbs up :)
--
Breno "MaDDoX" Azevedo
@brenoazevedo