playMaker

Author Topic: Move uGUI objects around [SOLVED]  (Read 6666 times)

Krillan87

• Beta Group
Move uGUI objects around [SOLVED]
« on: March 01, 2018, 07:31:41 AM »
Hi,
So I'm getting nutts over here!

I've been watching every tutorial I can find but they are either 1) outdated 2) showing advanced 3d movement 3) 2d functionality with a PC-mouse.

With all these 3 combined I really feel that I should be able to create my simple app, but I can't make it work!

SO basically I only have a straightforward 2d app. I just want to move an image around. The image is a child of a canvas (The whole app is just one big canvas and the different buttons are just images/pictures that you can press)

I felt that this must be the easiest possible app there is, just one big canvas with text and simple buttons.

The issue is that I do not understand what kind of actions I should use. How do I transform the screen point to world point on the canvas? And what should I use to move the picture? "Rect Transform Set Local Position"?

I almost got it to work but not fully, I can't bring the picture to the left side of the screen (maybe something to do with the normalize?)

Anyhow. Does anyone have a basic fucking tutorial for this super easy stuff? I feels so frustrating that I have to turn my app into a 3d game to get it to work lol.

/ Christian
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 01:47:58 PM by djaydino »

verybinary

• Junior Playmaker
    • The Museum of Digital
Re: Move uGUI objects around
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 11:36:46 AM »
How far to the left can you get? If it stops in the middle, there may be some kind of conflict with negative numbers? Is your canvas set to constant pixel size or scale, and what numbers you got in those boxes? Have you tried any other transform options?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 02:39:23 AM »
Hi,

make sure you study the samples on the Ecosysten, you will have 2 samples showing how to drag, and how to drag and drop.

Bye,

Jean

Krillan87

• Beta Group
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2018, 10:10:23 AM »
Hi,

make sure you study the samples on the Ecosysten, you will have 2 samples showing how to drag, and how to drag and drop.

Bye,

Jean

Hello!

Sorry for extreme late reply but I was so sad that I did not get anything to work last time that i gave up.

I just read in the patch notes for playmaker 1.9 that:
"Integrated UI Actions and Events (previously available us uGUI Addon)"

Does this make your old reply out-dated? Do i still need the "u Gui Drax proxy" and other proxys or is there an easier way now?

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2018, 12:59:57 PM »
Hi.
No they are not outdated :)
As many users use UI, Playmaker has added default actions that you can use.
You can keep using ugui and/or you can also use the UI actions.

for the drag i think its still best to use uGui

Krillan87

• Beta Group
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2018, 02:14:41 AM »
Hi.
No they are not outdated :)
As many users use UI, Playmaker has added default actions that you can use.
You can keep using ugui and/or you can also use the UI actions.

for the drag i think its still best to use uGui

Hi!
Thank you for your answer! So you said "and/or" wich mean that if i want i to just use the default actions that aould suffice?

I always feel that using the proxys are much more complex and its much more clean and neat det if just can use the default action.

My project is totally new so i do not rely on previous ui stuff.

Is it possible to accomplish almost the same with "just" default actions? What are the pros and cons?

Thank you for all help!

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2018, 06:28:30 AM »
Hi.
Many of the actions are the same but have been name UI instead of ugui, to prevent duplicate errors.

But i believe that Ugui is more complete than the default UI included.

So in many cases the UI actions would be enough but it some case you might want to use some of the uGui actions.

Krillan87

• Beta Group
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2018, 03:23:42 AM »
Hi.
Many of the actions are the same but have been name UI instead of ugui, to prevent duplicate errors.

But i believe that Ugui is more complete than the default UI included.

So in many cases the UI actions would be enough but it some case you might want to use some of the uGui actions.

Alright! Thanks for the help. This project is a simple straightforward app. It is not even a game, just an app to store data and information in text in different ways.

It's for my tabletop RPG group so we gonna use this app instead of pen and paper, so the app gonna be very very simple so I guess that default actions gonna be more then enough (I hope)