playMaker

Author Topic: Are all properties accessible?  (Read 2252 times)

Horror

• Junior Playmaker
Are all properties accessible?
« on: June 28, 2012, 10:22:06 AM »
I've noticed there have been a few properties that I've been unable to locate on my Set Property adventures.

I'm currently trying to alter the rotational constraints of a Rigidbody, but the only property I can find under UnityEngine.Rigidbody is freezeRotation - and this only allows me to toggle all axis on and off (I want to toggle just one). Also, there is no freezeDirection property from what I can see.

The other night I was looking for the Swing1Limit under CharacterJoints and I couldn't see that either.

So are there properties that I just can't access or could they be somewhere else (or named something else)?

Cheers!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Are all properties accessible?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 12:42:52 PM »
Hi,

yes, unfortunately, not everything is accessible to set as a property ( structures and enums for example). If you don't find it, please open a thread to request a custom action to access this.

bye,

Jean

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Are all properties accessible?
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 06:46:19 PM »
Get/Set Property actions are limited to the variable types that Playmaker understands. This will grow over time (we've already added a lot of types since v1.0), so eventually we'll support enums, arrays etc.

In the meantime, as Jean suggested, you'll need custom actions to access other properties.

Luckily these kinds of Get/Set actions are really easy to make!