playMaker

Author Topic: Unity 2018, Playmaker and Package Manager[SOLVED]  (Read 2915 times)

stvbabb

• Junior Playmaker
Unity 2018, Playmaker and Package Manager[SOLVED]
« on: July 03, 2018, 02:55:18 PM »
Hello,

I'm wondering how Playmaker will handle other asset integration - especially stuff from Unity Technologies that utilizes the new Package Manager?

For example; Cinemachine, it no longer sits in the asset folder - I don't actually know where it is, but it's somewhere in my project. I downloaded the Cinemachine package from the Package Manager in Unity 2018 and then (sorry, this is confusing) the Playmaker package from the Playmaker Ecosystem and I'm getting errors.

So, basically, how will Playmaker find those API's if the user doesn't even know where they are?

Sorry if this is old news, but I don't know where else to put it.

Thanks,
Steve

« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 05:40:46 AM by stvbabb »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Unity 2018, Playmaker and Package Manager
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 05:23:18 AM »
Hi.

There errors you are getting are not because it can not find Cinemachine,

But i can see that there are some 'Method' changes on the version from the package manager.

to find API's is very simple in script, for example for cinemachine you would add this to your script :
Code: [Select]
using Cinemachine;
I will Contact Jean to have a look @ those actions.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 05:26:19 AM »
Hi,

yes, they will find api just as before. Only that Unity is organising this differently.

for cinemachine, there is issues because the asset store version is an old version, and the package manager version is the latest version. So currently, the ecosystem is only supporting the asset store version, it has nothing to do with the way it's handled with Unity.

Bye,

Jean

stvbabb

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2018, 09:36:43 AM »
Okay, thanks for the clarification! :)