playMaker

Author Topic: Build & run Problems! "No architecture to compile" message.  (Read 3056 times)

NUVI

• Playmaker Newbie
Build & run Problems! "No architecture to compile" message.
« on: August 08, 2012, 10:18:08 AM »
Hello:

I have finished now a project and I would like to test it in my iphone. Is the first time I`ll test with build and run. Everything goes well, until xcode is opened. it says: clean complete and then: build failed. a pop up window appears and with a message:

Check dependencies

[BEROR]No architectures to compile for (ARCHS=armv6 armv7, VALID_ARCHS=i386).

What does that mean?????

I thought that the problem was my project so I tried to build and run the examples games and other projects and the same problem appears.

Does anyone has a clue on this issue?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Build & run Problems! "No architecture to compile" message.
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 06:04:07 AM »
Hi,

you are likely not choosing the right scheme in xcode. Are you willing to run on the device or on the simulator?

Build it once ( and not build and run), pick the right scheme in xcode, on subsequent build and run it should then work.

bye,

Jean

NUVI

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 06:50:11 PM »
Hi and thank you again Jean you are our Unity`s Guardian angel!

I did that, and it seems the problem is that my device does not appear in the scheme options. Clicking on run show me a pop up menu that says:

xcode cannot run using selected device, no provisioned IOS devices are available. Connect ios device or choose an Ios simulator as the destination.

Now, this I don't understand, I already have 8 apps selling on the app store which I have done this last year.

I made them with this same computer (so i had to pair the provisioning profiles and all that). I made them in game salad which is a 2D game tool. Here I didn't directly used xcode, I simply design the game, press publish and everything happened automatically but still provisioning profiles where needed to be in order.

So how should I make xcode to identify my provisioning profiles and certificates? (my iphone is already have the profile as: provisioning profile)

So I believe the problem is directly with Xcode.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 02:41:41 AM »
Hi,

xCode, provisionning and setting it up is such a nightmare that I am afraid I can only give some directions.

-- Do you have registered that device for development? go to the xCode organizer and check that all is well for the device.

-- Else, I think that you should be able to publish without provisionning if you publish for development, but I am not sure of that. So yes, make sure you have selected the right provisionning files for the target

-- Else, do not give up, and google for all the errors and problems you have, you ought to find the right set up in the end. So really, make use of google to find people having the same issues as you, that's how I progressed in using xcode.
Bye,

Jean