playMaker

Author Topic: Faster Forum Server(s)/Connection  (Read 8207 times)

Neural Echo

• 1.2 Beta
  • Playmaker Newbie
Faster Forum Server(s)/Connection
« on: March 28, 2011, 07:50:07 AM »
Having a dedicated playMaker forum is great. However, the user experience is diminished because pages take so long to load. Is there any chance you can beef up the hardware or connection speed of the server that is hosting it? Thanks.

denkiva

• Administrator
  • Playmaker Newbie
Re: Faster Forum Server(s)/Connection
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 09:57:42 PM »
HellO!

Thanks for the suggestion, yes... this forum is rather slow, and we are hosting it off-site.  Right now we're focused on rebuilding the website and getting the release out but we do want this forum to be a grinding experience!   Actually if you or anyone had suggestions for some faster hosting options we would really appreciate it so when we migrate we have some speedy options lined up!!

Thanks again!

Vanessa 

FritsLyn

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 04:15:33 AM »
A couple of years later, and this forum is EXTREMELY SLOW :)

I'd like to help out others more, but all the waiting makes me just not do it, so the slow forum is actually degrading your product as a result.

There's plenty of hosting options out there..

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 09:38:52 AM »
I generally get very fast response from the forum. I do periodically get what seems like packet loss or something, the page will load to a point and stop, then never finish loading until I refresh it a few times and everything is back to normal. I do not have a steadily slow experience though.
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 01:29:57 AM »
Hi,

Get that too. I thougth it was just my poor connection... I am not sure what can cause the page to hang in the middle of downloading. Odd.

bye,

Jean

FritsLyn

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 02:36:22 PM »
Somewhat confirmed here:

It's not as if the forum in general is slow, it's 50% of the times I try to go to a page, it takes a minute or so to load - or is just plain stuck "for ever". When refreshing often it'll only load the page, not the CSS.

Then at other times it's instant - fast.

But overall it's pretty bad - I often have several tabs open trying to load the forum in the background, while shifting back and forth to Unity, to see if something is happening, refreshing, waiting..