playMaker

Author Topic: Easing on iTween Move Update?  (Read 6408 times)

pixlweaver

• Playmaker Newbie
Easing on iTween Move Update?
« on: October 08, 2012, 01:21:10 PM »
Is there a default ease on iTween's Move Update? I am seeing an ease and I need to remove it somehow. Any tips?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Easing on iTween Move Update?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 02:50:33 AM »
Hi,

odd, it says in the doc that there is no easing applied:

http://itween.pixelplacement.com/documentation.php#MoveUpdate

and I can also witness and easing.

Is there any reason why you use "move update" over "move by" or "move from"?

bye,

Jean

pixlweaver

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 11:07:46 AM »
Hi Jean,

Thanks for your response - I'm glad it's not just me then! I'm fairly new to programming in Unity (I'm more of a designer than a developer). Thought I'd learn the more technical side in my free time.

What I'm trying to do is move an object along a path that A* Pathfinding Project plugin spits out. The way I currently have it set up is that A* gives Playmaker a Vector3 and I use iTween Move Update to animate to that point. Once the object is at that point, A* gives Playmaker the next point so on and so on.

What's odd is I tried iTween's Move To first, but no matter how I tweaked it the tween would never happen. Playmaker would receive the Vector3 and just sit there and not move. Move Update does work but it eases so the animation looks weird.

My guess is I just need to sit down and learn iTween Move To, Move Update, Move By and Move From more thoroughly. Perhaps I can change the setup so it can use Move By or Move From like you suggested. Thanks!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 01:32:18 AM »
Hi,

Uhm odd with the move to, it's likely a wrong set up indeed.

Have a go like you said and try to really get to the bottom of this, if you still can't achieve anything, get back to me.

Bye,

Jean