playMaker

Author Topic: A* pathfinding (stable 0v841)  (Read 226774 times)

kiriri

Re: A* pathfinding (beta)
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2013, 02:36:19 AM »
Ahh there we go.

Had to click the A* object in the scene and enable js.

Ah, yes, I had to change the compilation order of the scripts so a star needs to go to the plugin folder (which is what the js button does).
Best,
Sven

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2013, 10:42:41 AM »
Are there any examples for making a tile based system?

I'm not sure how to approach the graph/grid/node system as its all new to me. How would this be used to properly control placement of something like a building?
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

kiriri

« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2013, 01:34:41 PM »
Are there any examples for making a tile based system?

I'm not sure how to approach the graph/grid/node system as its all new to me. How would this be used to properly control placement of something like a building?

I can create an actual example for the next update. For now, maybe this video helps you :

I can't share that project because I will have to rip out plugins like PoolManager etc to not violate any licenses and stuff. But like I said, I can do that for 0v8.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 01:47:16 PM by kiriri »
Best,
Sven

PIXELCRY

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: A* pathfinding (beta 0v75)
« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2013, 01:26:29 AM »
some one use pro version and can make it work?

kiriri

« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2013, 10:07:24 AM »
some one use pro version and can make it work?

http://www.arongranberg.com/vanillaforums/discussion/182/next-pro-update

Official support sounds great, doesn't it? :D
Best,
Sven

Uttpd

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2013, 12:07:30 PM »
sounds like a Win Win Win situation.
He gets exposure
You get pro
We get A* playmaker Actions.

PIXELCRY

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2013, 10:29:47 PM »
oh didnt know i can get last version here instead of asset store! thank you

Threepeasoup

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2013, 01:05:11 AM »
I must be a serious noob. Is there a link to your playmaker pluggin? I have read through the entire forum and tried clicking on everything but can't seem to find it. Can someone point me in the right direction?

escpodgames

• Assets
« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2013, 01:26:08 AM »
It's at the bottom of the first post (attached)

What browser are you using? I cant see forum attachments on my mac :S

kiriri

« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2013, 07:20:39 AM »
@Threepeasoup
I'll be updating today, lots of new features, so you might wait until then to check it out. It is not compatible with v75 (but it should work perfectly fine with v7 and earlier) . Just thought you wanted to know that before working with it ;)

(EDIT: Sorry, I think I'll have to move this to tomorrow, I just noticed that I am working on a newer pathfinding version than which is available to public. I'll have to ask if I'm allowed to share parts of arons package to make my own package work.)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 03:19:25 PM by kiriri »
Best,
Sven

Threepeasoup

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2013, 02:39:48 AM »
looking forward to the new update Kiriri!

Will the new update work only for the pro version of A* or still work for the free version as well?

kiriri

« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2013, 02:54:50 PM »
alright, I'm very excited at your responses. The last update took a while, but it really is a major improvement I think.
Please post any issues you have here in this thread. The video instructions on the installation stuff is currently uploading, and it takes forever :S So you can find a text based instruction in the main post.

@Threepeasoup
No worries, the only thing that non pro users have to do is install the dummy package. You'll be using the same actions as the pro guys for now. Once I have converted the scripts back to c# I can make it ignore the errors and then you won't even need to install the dummies.

Afterall, I'm doing this primarily for reputation, so it would be quite stupid of me to ignore 95% of the userbase :D
Best,
Sven

kiriri

Re: A* pathfinding (stable 0v8)
« Reply #72 on: February 06, 2013, 02:59:27 PM »
(I forgot to change the thread name to a newer version before posting the last post. So this is just to make people who don't check this thread but accidentally notice it in the "latest posts" list see that it is indeed stable now ... at least I hope it is.)
Best,
Sven

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2013, 08:40:55 PM »
Assets/Plugins/FsmPathfinding.cs(1,14): error CS0519: `FsmPathfinding' clashes with a predefined namespace

Had a bunch of trouble following the instructions for a new project, it kept crashing unity 4 when I am importing the extra asset file. The above is the error I get on my existing project with everything imported.

Honestly, its notably difficult to get it working.. import PM, Aaron's stuff, your stuff, restructuating, dummies, RVO things, errors. It seems pretty cumbersome because its piggy backing on top of two other plugins and overall just doesnt feel very user friendly. I still dont have a clue how to use it and it freezes when I actually cleared the errors and tried to play one of the new example scenes.
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

kiriri

« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2013, 03:24:03 AM »
I see, I could look into automatic patching soon, but right now I just don't have the time to learn more new stuff. The crashing issue is disconcerning , I'll download 4.0 today to test it too.
The error your getting when importing the package in you own project is because you then have both the old and new package imported, and some stuff exists twice.

I'll upload the package as a folder in a bit, so you can just import it manually. Maybe that'll help.
Best,
Sven