playMaker

Author Topic: DataMaker Xml xPath and Json [ECOSYSTEM] [FEBRUARY 2022]  (Read 55448 times)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: DataMaker Xml xPath and Json [JANUARY 2016]
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2016, 02:11:22 AM »
Hi,

I think there is simply a mix up of issues with Action setup, likely not passing the right type of Fsm variable for what xml is getting.

Could you isolate the problem and share it with me so that I can reproduce here? I'll tell you how to set it up properly then.

Bye,

Jean

JellyHair

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2016, 10:25:08 AM »
I've just come across this same problem today.

Marv did you find a work around?

Jean: Just to be clear I've attached a screenshot of the problem I'm having.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: July 05, 2016, 03:17:20 AM »
Hi,

Yes, I am on the case, thanks for the report.

Bye,

Jean

marv

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2016, 05:06:14 AM »
Hey, yea sorry... I kind of forgot about this so I didn't reply.^^

@JellyHair: The main problem this caused me was that I wasn't able to have FSMs on objects created from prefabs read out xml proxies on other objects/xml data stored in global variables. So I added separate xml proxies to the prefab objects and had them populate them on generation. Not the smoothest way to do it I guess, but it works.

This is due to the "Xml Save in Proxy" action still working fine with variables. So you can store the xml data (I have my .xmls in the streamingassets folder to enable modding) in global variables and then use those to fill xml proxies in runtime.

I have no programming background so a lot of this is trial and error for me.^^
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 05:09:18 AM by marv »

ermak

• Junior Playmaker
    • AL Games
« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2016, 05:07:26 AM »
Hi, I have 3 questions.

1. I am with Unity 5.3.5, Playmaker 1.8.3, ArrayMaker 1.1.5 Build 2.
Is it everything compatible with Data Maker 1.0.6?
https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W1133
Any errors, problems with actions?

2. Currently I using ArrayMaker components (HashTable, ArrayList) for data base with prefilled values (string, integers, gameObjects, sprites, audio).
If I change my data base to XML files, for example: items.xml located in Assets root folder in the project. In the final build (for Windows) where will be this XML file? Maybe my game can be hacked if someone find this file and change the xml values?
Also I am not sure where ArrayMaker store the values too... in the final build. Maybe no matter what will be: ArrayMaker or Data Maker, these values can be found?

3. Can I use XML file for Prefabs gameObjects, Sprites, Audio clips? And how I can find these things by name after this? I mean from Assets folders, not Scene Hierarchy objects.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: November 15, 2016, 01:06:52 AM »
Hi,

1: DataMaker is already at version 1.2, you should update to the latest ( always back up first).

2: the xml if stored in the asset root can be either in Resources which will be plainly and easily exposed, or in the binary of the app, which is less easy to get but nonetheless accessible if you know how to do it. So yes, values ( not just arrayMaker and DataMaker, but ALL values) can be found and tweaked for cheating or else.

encryption and obfuscation are ways to increase security up to a certain level... Your advantage over pur c# is that the hacking the logic will be a lot harder since PlayMaker is a framework that will make it a lot harder to change the logic of things, but data, yes it can be found and edited, etc etc.

3: yes, if they are stored in resources, you can find them by name and load them when needed. else you will need to either hold a reference to them directly, deduce them from logic or have them listed in arrays or hashtables.

Bye,

Jean

• Beta Group
    • Flashing Lights
« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2016, 04:09:20 AM »
Hi,
I am getting an error when selecting a property as string variable, it will stay as None. It works with plain text written in, not with variable.
Please advise.

Unity 5.4.3p1 + Playmaker 1.8.3

Code: [Select]
ArgumentException: Object type HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmString cannot be converted to target type: HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmInt
Parameter name: val
System.Reflection.MonoField.SetValue (System.Object obj, System.Object val, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoField.cs:148)
System.Reflection.FieldInfo.SetValue (System.Object obj, System.Object value) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/FieldInfo.cs:150)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.ActionEditor.DoVariableSelection (System.Object userdata) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/ActionEditor.cs:2893)
UnityEditor.GenericMenu.CatchMenu (System.Object userData, System.String[] options, Int32 selected) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/editor/GenericMenuBindings.gen.cs:122)

JOY

• Junior Playmaker
  • From JOY Entertainment
    • JOY Entertainment
« Reply #67 on: December 13, 2016, 01:07:33 PM »
Hi. I cannot find Convert JSON to XML Node action. Is there any change recently?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: December 14, 2016, 01:50:42 AM »
Hi,

good point, I forgot to finish this off.

Basically, json is available as a separate package, because it's using a dll that is also used by other assets.

Bye,

Jean

JOY

• Junior Playmaker
  • From JOY Entertainment
    • JOY Entertainment
« Reply #69 on: December 14, 2016, 01:55:36 AM »
Hi,

good point, I forgot to finish this off.

Basically, json is available as a separate package, because it's using a dll that is also used by other assets.

Bye,

Jean

Thank you Jean.

gozda

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #70 on: December 29, 2016, 09:09:00 AM »
It is possible to load/save xml data outside the unity? also creating new .xml file?

gozda

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #71 on: December 29, 2016, 06:11:24 PM »
Answer is Yes.

on unity 5.4.3 are bugs with datamaker, like sometimes i cant choose variable, or when i can, script see do nothing with that. Sometimes when i drag action(any from datamaker) to state where is 2-3 other actions, some fields just gone from dragged action, when i copy it and paste to empty state they are visible. And i found more stuff like that :)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 06:18:55 PM by gozda »

nallez

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #72 on: December 30, 2016, 03:02:21 AM »
I have an issue with the datamaker.

The "Conver Json String to Xml Node" isn't working properly.

It gives me an error "After Parsing a value an unexpected character was encountered"

I have a JSON String which I'm using:
{"root": [{"money":"2105","cars":"","power":"1","weight":"1","grip":"1","wins":"0","losses":"0","experience":"0"}] }

The node cannot parse arrays?

gozda

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #73 on: December 30, 2016, 09:07:12 AM »
Xml Create Node not working:/

gozda

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #74 on: January 03, 2017, 03:13:52 AM »
Can someone check whats wrong with "Xml Create Node" action?