playMaker

Author Topic: dataMaker sqlite teaser  (Read 3284 times)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
dataMaker sqlite teaser
« on: November 21, 2012, 03:25:23 AM »
Hi Everyone,

It's been a long time I have been working on this, so I wanted to shared some of the latest, as I know many of you are waiting for this:)

It's definitly not finished... but I am getting there,

-- I have made the system flexible enough to support different Sqlite frameworks with the addition of one single script, which means new sqlite frameworks can be added within my DataMaker wizard very easily

-- I have also implemented database encoding checks because some sqlite frameworks do not support all encoding, for example MonoSqlite does, but SqliteKit only supports UTF-8 so that is covered

-- All table fields and properties are accessible ( in read only, if you need to edit the database you need to use a third party system or application)

-- You can select only the fields you need, instead of crowding custom actions with unecessary content

-- You can create different where clauses, with flexible clause definition, that will tight to either the value defined in this wizard or within the action interface select FsmVariables instead. VERY POWERFULL!!

-- The output for lists of items will be stored with ArrayMaker for now, I may very well also store it in DataMaker XML for xpath queries within the results, which would add additional raw power very easily.

-- Generated actions name is very flexible with special tokens to automatically generate meaningfull actions name.

-- the interface is very raw, but I am currently really getting the core of the functionnalities so that I can give you an alpha version soon.

-- I am left with a very difficult task of serializing the wizard and what the user selected etc etc. This is something I did for Parse wizard, but that was after I started this... so some core refactoring will be required here so that when you open this wizard, it's all set up and all actions and where clause are just like how it was set up last time.

-- I am also thinking of supporting online management of sqlite frameworks bridges within this wizard. Only one package would be downloaded, and then from the wizard you would be able to select and download from a server the bridge you want ( for example, if you want to work with sqliteKit or simpleSqlite, etc etc)

bye,

Jean

Sjones

Re: dataMaker sqlite teaser
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 01:15:00 PM »
xmas has came early THANK YOU!

eagerly awaiting releases :)

simon8029

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 10:17:32 PM »
Is there anything new about this? Is it a action of playmaker or a whole new plugins for unity?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 01:56:48 AM »
Hi,

This is something very unique per say, it belong to PlayMaker environment to ease database development within PlayMaker.

right now, I am not spending time on this, I have a working version available using Sqlite asset from the asset store, if you are interested, pm me and I'll send you the package.

I have some higher priorities at the moment regards playmaker support, namely photon, mecanim, ngui, UltimateFpsCamera, the community is waiting for them, and this database system is very much a side project. I would like to finish this, but I lack time/funding to complete it, so if you are interested to fund this somehow let me know.

Bye,

Jean