playMaker

Author Topic: Animated Float not effecting Audio? (video)  (Read 4562 times)

DylanJones

• Playmaker Newbie
Animated Float not effecting Audio? (video)
« on: December 16, 2012, 03:47:02 PM »
Thanks for the help.
In order to best describe my problem, I took a video (with voice), easily seen online at:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12098870/AudioProblem.mov
(Consider full screen)

Am I using the sounds incorrectly? i've checked the sources and done tests, it works fine WITHOUT the animated floats. I'm just trying to fade the audio...
Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 05:14:22 PM by DylanJones »

markfrancombe

Re: Animated Float not effecting Audio? (video)
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 09:03:36 AM »
Firstly, congratulations on a pretty scary soundscape... I wanna play this game! Sounding a bit Amnesia, the scariest game EVER due to the sound!

Now I dont really think that what you are doing SHOULD NOT WORK; so dont have a solution for that. But it seems a bit funny to me to pile all your sounds onto your player character and have them fade in and out.

Why not just place you sounds IN THE SCENE, on game objects, either control the level with careful range limits (completely drag-able in the scene) Or maybe for more control have the trigger box fade up that audio game object? Just reference the Audio Game object instead of your player. Obviously things like the breathing sound are probably good to cart around with you, but incidental sounds that you come across should be placed in scene. Waterfall sounds in waterfalls, cars in cars, and nasty gnashing of spiky teeth in Nasty Spiky toothed Creatures...

Just an idea to try?

DylanJones

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 04:54:29 PM »
Haha, thanks for the kind words!
Hmmm, well I need to play a sound in certain altitude, you think there is a way to do this?
I know a can place a 3D sound, but I need it over a widespread area, that's why I went with the cube trigger.
Any tips? I wold love to get this to work in PlayMaker too?

Padenlee

• Junior Playmaker
  • You can't hit what you don't shoot for!
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 01:58:52 PM »
I to, just ran into this problem! ---I think all bug reports should have a video attach, just saying internetz!---

I think the problem is the Action needs to be updated every frame!  Can someone with some coding skillz crack the little bugger open and add this???  I'm a modeler/Animator so this is beyond me.

I also tested to see if this would work with the action Set Game Volume, same thing, no effect!

I'm working on building a Unity program that runs as a dynamic overlay for my Twitch channel BlahBlahIMBA.  Sound is a large part of my show, so the idea of having limited functionality is not an option!!

Gather the Code'hirrim!!!!  We ride for Bug'dor!!!
-Paden Pierry
@padenpierry
Apple inc.'s first TV show, EP 1.
Game Dev since 2007
Coolest client: Bridgestone

DylanJones

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 12:46:17 AM »
Will this get more attention now that multiple people have had the issue?
I've heard no word from support.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 02:09:19 AM »
Hi,

Here we go:
http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=2882.0

Sorry for the late reply, have to catch up with tons of stuff re playmaker.

Basically, you will NOT use the OneShotAudio field, because volume CAN NOT be controlled to begin with, so simply set the audio clip prior playing the audio on that component and then use this corrected action to control the volume during the action life cycle.

bye,

Jean