playMaker

Author Topic: can play maker do (any) task that can be done by regular scripting ?  (Read 2369 times)

3ammary

• Playmaker Newbie
can play maker do (any) task that can be done by regular scripting ?
thanks alot

kiriri

Re: can play maker do (any) task that can be done by regular scripting ?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 11:53:55 AM »
no, of course it can't. Any advanced stuff will require for you to write the actions yourself. Sometimes you also need to write object wrappers, though most types of variables are supported.
What did you have in mind?
Best,
Sven

3ammary

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 11:58:04 AM »
thanks kiriri
i thought it is visiual scripting for all that can be done with java script or c sharp in unity .
but it seems to be only make most required programming fast and easy but not all of them ,,
i ask because my programming skills are not good enough , so i ask what to begin first ,as a beginner , learning scripting throgh coding or through playmaker

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 02:03:47 PM »
Hi,

Learn both! Playmaker will get you a long way without scripting, and this forum is here to help along that journey, but learning Playmaker AND learning scripting is the winning combination really, because then you benefit from all the wonders of playmaker, and you are not dependent on someone else to build your custom actions when you need them.

I never starts a new projects without playmaker... small, big, for testing, for me, for a client... always, and I could do it all with script... but now I don't want to anymore!

bye

Jean