playMaker

Author Topic: How to make a swipe menu function like in ipad with playmaker?[SOLVED]  (Read 8878 times)

lolonoa

• Playmaker Newbie
Hi, everyone, I am quite new in Unity and playmaker, I want to know how to make a swipe control like you swipe menu in ipad or iphone? Thank you for your help.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 02:06:46 PM by jeanfabre »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: How to make a swipe menu function like in ipad with playmaker?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 02:45:51 AM »
Hi,

do you need a swipe like the IOS home screen ( swipe with your finger to actually control the home screen side movements) ,or do you only need to have the "animation"  triggered between two screens by the press of a button or programatically?

bye,

Jean

lolonoa

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 08:34:17 AM »
Yes, it is just like the swipe like the ipad home screen, I have been stucked here for a couple of days, I still have no clue how to start

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 02:14:00 AM »
Hi,

It's indeed a small beast to tackle :) I manage to do one few years ago, but all in scripts.

What kind of content do you expect to see between the two screens ( or more) ? it's very important and dictates the technics to use to do that in Unity.

bye.

Jean

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 04:14:00 AM »
Hi,

ok, I rolled a 3d example of a swipe menu. If you want to do in 2d, it's the same principle tho, only that maybe you will not drag in a 3d world but just on screen.

it uses two custom actions, the 3dPlan3Drag and get mouse position, you can find them on the forum, but I have included them for convenience.

bye,

Jean

lolonoa

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 10:15:04 PM »
Hi, jeanfabre, thank you for you help, and sorry for the late reply, I have solve the problem, I use the NGUI(the drag panel)to do this, it is not exectly the same with the ipad interview, but I think that is fine. And it is really nice to have you here, you are so kind to answer everyone's question and help us without repaying, I hope you have a really good life ;D

memetic arts

ditto . . . thanks for the example actions/scene, that's awesome Jean.

I know you are working on the NGUI port, this would be a great feature to include, as I've seen more than a few posts on the NGUI site asking how to do this . . .

I'm about to implement this type of interaction, but for browsing through a series of "detail" pages, accessed from a potentially long list.  So effectively, you'd be swiping through the list elements, only in the Detail View (a pretty common browsing pattern, actually). 

Having never built something like that before, I'm not sure if there's an already-known technique for achieving that easily -- my approach will be to only have 3 panels -- the center one that is in view, and then the previous/next offscreen on either side.  With each swipe the offscreen panels would repopulate accordingly. 

I might even try it with just one, and see if I can quickly reposition, but that would require detecting the swipe direction, and that sounds like a potential headache, so may avoid it for the time being.  Not that I'm afraid of the work, but there is a time constraint to consider!  ;-)

Is this "the way it's done", or is there a more efficient process that I'm missing?

Thanks again for the package, you're awesome!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
Hi,

good. but make sure you really look at the built in ngui listin swiping technic examples, cause some are totally meant to be used for what you want to achievem extrapolate on them examples as if the listing arey was your whole screen, then you would get your swiping effect.

bye,

Jean

memetic arts

thanks Jean, yes, I'm all about re-use!!  :)