playMaker

Author Topic: 2.5D Platformer  (Read 4976 times)

zebualvi

• Playmaker Newbie
2.5D Platformer
« on: May 21, 2013, 02:38:58 AM »
Hey all.  I am creating a 2.5D game for my class project. My main character will only move in X and Y direction and have the ability to Run, Jump, Double Jump, Wall Jump, climb ladder, swing on a rope and shoot projectiles that he will collect during the game. I don't have any programming experience so decided to look at Playmaker since it seems to have a lot of options. Would love to hear from you guys. Thanks.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: 2.5D Platformer
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 02:42:31 AM »
Hi,

Welcome,

I am not aware of a sample that does all the things you want to do, have you checked the asset stroe for 2.5d frameworks? that could help you get there quicker as well as using PlayMaker.

bye,

Jean

Mayhem

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 06:29:07 AM »
I recommend this Plugin: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/173640-Released-2D-Platform-Controller

It does everything you want out of the box, I'm using it myself and I'm very happy with it.

zebualvi

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 10:34:47 AM »
Thanks guys. I've actually used 2d platformer controller myself and really liked it but for the sake of this assignment I would to create it myself, that's why I thought about using Playmaker. Basically I'm trying to replicate that 2D PC in playmaker. Is that possible? Thanks.

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 10:46:04 AM »
You can definitely do all of that with Playmaker, its just a matter of wiring it up. Using a premade framework along with Playmaker would just be more efficient.
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

zebualvi

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 11:44:03 AM »
2D platformer controller does not work with playmaker if I'm correct, read it in its description, but if it does, it will solve a lot of problems for me. Will contact JhonnyA who created that package to see if its possible. Thanks a lot everyone.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2013, 01:06:34 AM »
hi,

It depends what you want to do and how this framework works. you might be able to go actually very far as is since it looks like a plug and play system that you edit more at editor time then runtime.

Bye,

Jean