playMaker

Author Topic: Vectrosity rays not being destroyed?  (Read 2819 times)

jayhfd

• Junior Playmaker
Vectrosity rays not being destroyed?
« on: June 04, 2013, 10:50:14 PM »
Hi,
I've noticed during testing on my game that I get performance problems after leaving it running a while. After turning a few things on and off, it seems to be the Vectrosity 3D Ray causing the issue. If I turn it off, I get no VBO creep, if its on, the number goes up constantly.

I've set the rays to only last .01 seconds, and I'm looping on that state every .05 seconds, and I have it set to destroy on state exit.

I just tested something else - going from the ray drawing state to an empty state, then right back to the ray draw state. It seems that looping right back into that state wasn't causing a 'destroy on exit' to occur, though I kind of think that looping is a momentary exit, not sure?

Anyway at the very least this might save someone else from a similar issue - I guess an every frame option will eventually fix this?

Regards,
Jay

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Vectrosity rays not being destroyed?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 01:36:50 AM »
Hi Jay,

I'll have to study this carefully, But rays behave very differently then normal vectrosity lines, so I am not sure this is the best approach anyway, I know it's because it's lacking 3d vector line support tho. I need to address this too.

bye,

Jean