playMaker

Author Topic: Dynamic soundtrack  (Read 3486 times)

VictorRayDev

• Playmaker Newbie
Dynamic soundtrack
« on: September 12, 2013, 03:48:08 PM »
Sup guys!
My game going really well can't wait to show you... I think I really pushed playmaker.

I just saw a video about dynamic soundtrack from unite2013

I'd like to know if you guys already tried something like this and have an idea about a way to approach this. Id like to know if it is possible to input a bpm and trigger sample on time! I think triggering dynamic music in playmaker would be very powerful.

Thank you in advance!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Dynamic soundtrack
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 02:55:44 AM »
Hi,

I met with the guy actually  ;D I was at Unite too, a very nice person!

His stuff is pretty advanced actually. I haven't planned personnaly to try and port his work and make it available for PlayMaker, but this is surely something that would be very interesting to experiment with. You should contact him to mention your interest in a PlayMaker support of some sort and see what's his point of view on this.

Bye,

Jean

ps: Something truke me at Unite. Basically, it's going to fast now!! the amount of incredible stuff coming out from Unity and the asset store, makes it totally impossible to fully cover... I am not sure there is an easy way out of this trend... I remember being able to catch up pretty much with Unity new release on 3.x iterations.. now it would require several full time developers to even barely catch up with unity 4.x releases and the best assets on the store to provide full support with PlayMaker... scary!!! So really, if you see a great thing on the asset store or something, it's always a good thing to tell us your interest in this but also to contact the author as well, so that collaboration can be made to bring you PlayMaker support.

VictorRayDev

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 11:07:22 AM »
Awesome! thx I'm going to contact him. It would be really powerful in playmaker because  we could compose music in a nodal and visual way wich is more easy to fine tweak and be creative and test on the fly.  I wish to be at unite next year!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 01:55:26 AM »
Hi,

Good. Depending on where Unite will be, I might make it too, so we could meet!

bye,

Jean

VictorRayDev

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2013, 11:16:49 AM »
Yes!