playMaker

Author Topic: Stuck, confused, lost.  (Read 5251 times)

cb

• Junior Playmaker
Stuck, confused, lost.
« on: September 25, 2013, 12:40:59 PM »
Here I was hours away from my Blackberry app launch. All was fine, I was using Playmaker 6.2 something if I remember rightly, updated around June this year and  I was reluctant to upgrade with various problems of late AND my Unity/Playmaker combo was building perfectly to my Blackberry WITHOUT the Blackberry add-on. Which was great, as my budget was blown.
 I started to test the BB In App Purchasing plugin and tried to test out the scene on my BB phone. Lots of errors about MovieTexture stuff amongst others.

After much fiddling and getting nowhere I decided to buy the Playmaker BB Addon. Still errors, mostly about movie stuff I'm not even using; "Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/WWWObject.cs(28,18)" etc..

Now my original project won't even build.

My Asset Store Window tells me there's an update; The release notes quote Ver 1.7.5. The Store listing says 1.6.2...it matters not as clicking on update hangs on 'Waiting for Server' and does nothing.

Did I need to spend money on the BB addon? Is this fixable with a Playmaker update? Is the update 1.7.x or not ? Is the PM update actually downloadable?

Can't believe how quickly things became broken.

* Edit; About now states ver 1.7.5.f2 Blackberry , but still erroring. Will try a reboot and black magic.
** Specifically Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/WWWObject.cs(28,18): error CS1503: Argument `#1' cannot convert `object' expression to type `System.Type'

« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 12:49:29 PM by cb »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Stuck, confused, lost.
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 01:32:03 AM »
Hi,

I am still waiting for my bb device unfortunatly.. and it's not looking good....

Anyway. Simply delete the offending scripts actions. Can you do that? or do you need them?

bye,

Jean

cb

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 05:45:53 AM »
I'm not sure, I deleted them but more and more kept coming up. In the end, disaster struck, Unity hung, I had to force quit and my Scene became corrupted and refused to load. An hour later I'd fixed a hard drive error, deleted a few non-essential Unity folders and my Scene loaded. But it's put me back a bit, certain geometry is invisible, some bitmaps have lost transparency settings, particles have resized etc...i'm piecing it all back together now, then I'll start again with the IAP integration. It seemed to be the WWW class that was causing me problems in the end, and the BB In App scripts made use of those.

Have you a specific app planned for BB, Jean? I had a contact who got me a device on the strength of my last app AND my project details for my next app that I was building for the BB Store. Last I knew they'd all been taken though.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 06:50:29 AM »
Hi,

I have contacted Unity, cause they have a deal with them, I was given access to this by a blackberry person at Unite, and I got all the way through registering the app on bb world etc etc I have the blackberry pro add on for Unity and all, I just missing the device to test and deploy...

The z10 device doesn't sell very well, so they do have a lot in stock for sure, and I think they should really promote and help us get stuff out there asap...

The app I planning to launch is R.mote

http://rmote.fabrejean.net/

Bye,

Jean

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 08:23:29 AM »
You need to import playmaker 1.7.5 update then the blackberry addon. Right now you have 1.7.5 blackberry dlls with 1.6.2 everything else! (Actions, scripts etc.)

cb

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2013, 09:03:39 AM »
I'm running Unity 4.2 with Playmaker 1.7.5.f2 Blackberry Version, BB Addons installed. Still getting an error for the MovieTexture: "Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/MovieTextureAudioSettings.cs(33,59): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `MovieTexture' could not be found"
when I try to build to my device. Deleting the MovieTextureAudioSettings action leads to more errors for MovieTexture.

Would a total deletion of Playmaker and then a re-install of PM 1.7.5, then BB addons be the best way around this?

*ALSO* I still only see v1.6.2 as an update option on the Asset Store, but with Release Notes on 1.7.5
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 09:09:42 AM by cb »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2013, 10:23:45 AM »
Until you get Playmaker 1.7.5 you will get errors in the add-on. If you install Playmaker in a new project (not the add-on) what version does it say? Have you updated Playmaker in the asset store? (In the Playmaker product page or your downloads page)

cb

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2013, 11:34:56 AM »
From my download page it mainly says 'Waiting for server', but I eventually got it.

Installed into a new project it said 1.6.2.f3. Although it says a new version is available it states "ver 1.6.2" on the downloads page!

Trying to download from the product page simply doesn't work, it flashes up 'Please Wait' then does nothing, but it does say version 1.7.5 (Sep 23, 2013) at the base of the product window. I just can't get it.

parallel

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2013, 11:38:27 AM »
Perhaps the server hang has to do with unity version? (I had those in the 4.1x)

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2013, 11:41:21 AM »
Yeah, some versions of Unity seem to have Asset Store problems. I'd contact the asset store for tech support...

cb

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2013, 11:59:24 AM »
Ok, have reported this to Unity. Quite bizarre problem :-\

cb

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2013, 05:54:52 AM »
Not heard from Unity yet but eventually solved it. I changed my Asset Store profile about a year back. So I logged out, and logged back under my old ID. This then allowed me to download the latest PM upgrade!

So, as I purchased PM under my old login, it wanted me logged in under that ID before it would even show 1.7.5 on my download page.

Curiously, I have bought other assets under both ID's and successfully upgraded all of them under my newest login, including updating Playmaker, with no problems, for the last year or so.
Just update 1.7.5 didn't want to play nicely. >:(

Anyway, worth bearing in mind if you should ever get conflicting update versions or updates not initiating.