playMaker

Author Topic: anyone have advice or an action for adding ease in/out to Curvey? (Spline tool)  (Read 4449 times)

Headtrip

• Playmaker Newbie
Does anyone have advice or an action for adding ease in/out to Curvey's playmaker actions?Would be amazing to ease camera animation on paths instead of as dead stop/start... 
Is there a way to add an ease with another action?
Thanks!!!

Curvy thread
 http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/170355-RELEASED-Curvy-Fast-Spline-Interpolation/page7?p=1369755&posted=1#post1369755
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 06:09:45 PM by Headtrip »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Hi,

You can do this using a simply float interpolator and then use "curvygetValue" action.

BUT, I found that this action had a small glitch, so I corrected it and provided a working sample as well. So it features the CurvyGetValue with a fix.

Bye

Jean

Jake

• Junior Playmaker
    • Fluffy Underware
Big thanks for the example, Jean! The bug is fixed in the new version of pmCurvy.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
You are welcome!

Bye,

Jean

Headtrip

• Playmaker Newbie
that's great! Can you confirm this works on an object, on a path/spline? (Before i purchase). I want to parent a camera to an object that I move along a path, easing at start,end or along the way.
Thank you!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 12:32:56 PM by Headtrip »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
Hi,

What do you mean easing along the way? It seems you want to control the speed based on interactive parameters actually. Easing in and out is "fixed" somewhat, based on the position on the path, not on external parameters.

bye,

Jean

Headtrip

• Playmaker Newbie
Stopping at a point along the path, waiting, then continuing along the path.  The eases would be for when I stop and start...if there's a better way, I don't know about it yet ;) Interactive parameters...sounds interesting, I'll look into it. I'm a noob, So thank you!

Headtrip

• Playmaker Newbie
Is your ease added as a pull down choice? I have another path tech that has a pulldown for ease in and ease out, with mulitple types.  Anything math based is beyond me at this point...  Thanks!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
Hi,

Can you rephrase? I am not making sense of this? have you looked at the sample? do you understand where the ease was implemented?

bye,

Jean

Headtrip

• Playmaker Newbie
Sorry, i dont own it so i cant try it out.
I'm using camera animator, it has a pull down menu for easevatvpounts. I seen this in others as well. Its ok, im hoing to stick with it
Thank you for your help!