playMaker

Author Topic: FullScreen Movie Texture Playback using GuiTexture?  (Read 3628 times)

Skermunkel

• Playmaker Newbie
FullScreen Movie Texture Playback using GuiTexture?
« on: October 01, 2013, 07:59:44 AM »
Hi,

Ive been struggling in getting this to work and from what Ive read this is the only alternative to doing a movie texture on a mesh plane, which I dont mind doing but I dont know how reliable it is on different resolutions.

If there is anyone that has figured out how to achieve this using playmaker, your help would be much appreciated.

Skermunkel

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: FullScreen Movie Texture Playback using GuiTexture?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 04:18:04 PM »
Nevermind just spent the last 2 days figuring this out and got the Movies to display using someones script and then once I got it to work I realised Unity's video playback quality is useless, geuss Im gonna have to resort to Universal Video Texture.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 02:33:57 AM »
Hi,

What kind of video do you want to play back and what platform are you targeting?

Bye,

Jean

Skermunkel

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 05:28:55 AM »
Targeting PC, Mac and Linux. Its Fullscreen HD footage (1080p), Ive gotten it to run fine using Playmaker using an image sequence, running through it frame by frame using an FSM and then just triggering the sound on the first frame.

It actually works pretty well, but plugins like Universal Video Texture has other benefits like controlling fps and purging frames so that the sequence runs as smoothly as possible.

One thing is for sure Unity's Movie Texture/Video Playback function is not going to cut it, the Ogg Aethora codec apparently doesnt like HD stuff so much. So HQ fullscreen videos are going to play choppy and in lackluster quality, image sequences seems to be the way to go.

Was actually curious how is Playmaker's support on plugins like Universal Video Texture?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 06:50:26 AM »
Hi,

Not aware of any support for this plugin, you should contact the author, maybe the author will be willing to create custom actions or get in touch with PlayMaker to collaborate.

Bye,

Jean