playMaker

Author Topic: Hide "Object Type" rollout in Inspector option.  (Read 3500 times)

Andy22

• Junior Playmaker
Hide "Object Type" rollout in Inspector option.
« on: November 12, 2013, 09:21:57 AM »
Would be nice to have a option that prevents the display/selection of the type field , when exposing "Objects" in the inspector. Thats because we often only want to expose the variable name itself to a artist and prevent changes to the object type itself.
Most of the time, we also don't need the ability to change the type via the inspector and would trade it for a cleaner/shorter version without those drop-down type fields.

Thx Andy
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 09:23:55 AM by Andy22 »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Hide "Object Type" rollout in Inspector option.
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 01:03:34 AM »
Hi,

I am not sure I follow where you are looking in the editor? can you provide screenshots? that will help, you may have a good set of points here.

bye,

Jean

Andy22

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 03:44:43 AM »
Here u go, thats how Playmaker displays a "Object" type in the inspector, we basically would like a option that hides the type selection pop-down list.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 05:58:46 AM »
Hi,

Ok, I see. I agree, a lot of work can be done in the playmaker inspector to give more control over how to display these values.

Can you submit a bug, this will help keeping track of such requests when the time will be right to beef up the playmaker inspector!

Ideally, I think this rollout should become something that can be overriden completly, liskt custom actions editors, and then it's less work for PlayMaker and more power for everyone! :)

bye,

Jean