playMaker

Author Topic: Simple 2D Sprite animation Mixing Please  (Read 2484 times)

bazz

• Playmaker Newbie
Simple 2D Sprite animation Mixing Please
« on: January 17, 2014, 07:52:54 PM »
Hi
Working on my first game project alone with unity 4.3 and playmaker.

Need a little help please.

I don't need to be fancy. just want to set up a way to trigger animations from my sprite sheets for different situations.

As i am new to everything it might seem a bit silly to most but I am from the film animation industry as an animator and have worked on films as an softimage animator back in the day when we used to use silicon graphics machines and you had to do everything in C shells Unix to get ur renders. As an artist mainly I cannot express how much I hate dealing with code!!!

That being said All i want is to take my 2D animations and trigger them with some kind of keyboard control(all the videos i have found on youtube and so on don't  specifically really explain how to do this...they seem to just have an any key vibe)

also is the issue of making an interactive trigger translate from keyboard controller to game controller to mobile touch screen.

Sorry if this sounds silly to those more in the know but i am just starting so please bear with me.

Please a little guidance would be appreciated to do this: take 5 sprite animations and be able to trigger them from 5 different keystrokes. Or at least a fsm that could show me the way.

have looked at:
https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W1150

and I still am not sure of the easiest way.

much obliged and thanks to anyone that can guide me.

Thamks
Bazz

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Simple 2D Sprite animation Mixing Please
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 05:25:29 AM »
Hi,

Haven't had time to make some samples to go with Unity 2d, Sorry about that.

Have you been able to make some progress on that front? Else, can you bump me next week, I'll do a quick sample to show that.

bye,

Jean

xhidnoda

Re: Simple 2D Sprite animation Mixing Please
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 11:48:02 PM »
bump