playMaker

Author Topic: Enemy  (Read 5637 times)

Dev_Sebas

• 1.2 Beta
    • Blog
Enemy
« on: August 17, 2011, 10:03:19 AM »
I tink PlayMaker should have a action for FPS games like. You see the enemy but he did not see you, when enemy see you begin shoot.
Bye

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Enemy
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 10:49:46 AM »
Hi,

Yes it should, but I don't think it should be shipped with the official set of actions, since if you study carefully, they are very very generic and not tight to a particular kind of use ( games, architecture, simulation, what ever).

Indeed, one could create such set of custom actions acting like a framework to build FPS shooter quickly with fsm, and sell it on the unity asset store! that would be really cool!

The "problem" with this, is that it needs proper vision and funding OR some addict to build such set of actions. Not everyone build games with Unity and not all games have enemies you shoot at, so really the target audience is narrow in some extend and would be difficult to justify an official set ( altho it would be welcome of course, because would demonstrate the true power of playmaker versatility).

Bye,

Jean

Dev_Sebas

• 1.2 Beta
    • Blog
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 11:17:43 AM »
Hi Jean yes you are right this action is only for FPS.
And ok I will try build one and if people like I will give to community
Bye

Dev_Sebas

• 1.2 Beta
    • Blog
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 01:01:58 PM »
There are two ways one with trigger and another with detect
Bye

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 03:16:13 PM »
Hi,

Well, I do use similar methods in my systems even tho it's not a game with no ennemy, Detection ranges, triggers and AI is useful in a lot of cases so if you actually can achieve an action that would fit other purposes, then you are a winner:)

Bye,

Jean

Dev_Sebas

• 1.2 Beta
    • Blog
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 03:37:57 PM »
Yes Jean I am trying
Bye