playMaker

Author Topic: Event from Animation frames... multi FSM conflict?  (Read 6746 times)

cloobot

• Playmaker Newbie
Event from Animation frames... multi FSM conflict?
« on: February 04, 2014, 09:53:37 AM »
Has anyone else noticed an issue with trying to SendEvent (String) from an Event marker on an Animation frame, if there are multiple FSMs on a GameObject? It seems to work fine if there is one FSM -- if there are two, the Functions drop down doesn't work. Any idea why that might be?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Event from Animation frames... multi FSM conflict?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 04:52:28 AM »
Hi,

Can you explain more about your setup? I am not sure I full yunderstand how you go from animation frames to playmaker events.

bye,

Jean

cloobot

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 01:33:53 PM »
Sure thing.

I'm sending an event from my animation to trigger a sound (https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W181). As long as I only have one FSM on my game object, it works fine. If I add a second one, or if I have more than one to begin with, then the Function dropdown doesn't work when I add my animation event.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 03:09:50 AM »
Hi,

Can you send me a repro package? withat animation?

bye,

Jean

cloobot

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 07:31:00 PM »
It's not just one specific animation -- it's any animation attached to a game object, with more than one FSM on the same game object. This really isn't occurring for anyone else?

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 10:15:06 PM »
I don't think the Unity UI for selecting animation event functions works if there is more than one instance of a component type on the GameObject. I did a test with a regular script added twice to the same GameObject and had the same problem...

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2014, 02:56:21 AM »
Hi,

I only meant as a convenience for me to look at this quickly, sorry :)

Bye,

Jean

cloobot

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2014, 11:28:46 AM »
I don't think the Unity UI for selecting animation event functions works if there is more than one instance of a component type on the GameObject.

Ugh, right you are. How annoying.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2014, 11:57:42 AM »
It's a bit of a pain, but you could make a script to just forward animation events to PlayMakerFSMs. There would only ever be one of these scripts on a GameObject. Actually that would be a useful addition to playmaker... I'll try to get that into the next update...

bentarthur

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2014, 10:31:40 PM »
Also having the same issue - trying some complex character movement animations, and being able to trigger multiple FSMs with animation events would be very useful, but right now I can't choose any functions in my animation event drop down.

cloud03

• Viva Playmaker!
    • Milkish Game Studios Blog
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2014, 07:51:39 AM »
Sorry for waking an old thread, but is this problem has been addressed on the latest playmaker? Thanks

mdotstrange

• Can't code? Who cares! Make games anyway!
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2014, 07:34:34 AM »
I've just run into this issue with the current release so it seems its still a problem-
Indie game dev and instructor at the Strange School. Learn Playmaker at the Strange School!

kavery

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2017, 12:11:25 AM »
Has anyone figured out a work around while having multiple FSMs? Somebody mentioned forwarding events but I can't figure out how to involve another game object. Unfortunately I can't remove the extra FSMs.

Ofonna

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2017, 04:33:09 AM »
Has anyone figured out a work around while having multiple FSMs? Somebody mentioned forwarding events but I can't figure out how to involve another game object. Unfortunately I can't remove the extra FSMs.

can you make your question clearer?

you can send global events to other fsms if that's what you're asking,
simply create an event and click the box next to it to mark it as a global event and then right click on the state you would like to send the event to, select the global event and simply send whatever from whichever fsm you want

kavery

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2017, 12:54:31 PM »
Sorry Carmichael, I was assuming context from the previous comments. The problem is there are no send event choices in the dropdown menu for animation events when you have more than 1 FSM (or multiples of any component).

I'd like to be able to send an event during a specific frame of an animation but it still seems impossible for me. 
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 12:56:08 PM by kavery »