playMaker

Author Topic: Call Method[SOLVED]  (Read 6402 times)

mthicke

• Playmaker Newbie
Call Method[SOLVED]
« on: March 04, 2014, 09:27:45 PM »
Doesn't seem to work and there seems to be very little documentation. "Dragging a script" into the field is not working for me. Does the script need to be on the same object? Does it need to be C#? I've tried everything.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 04:48:32 AM by jeanfabre »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Call Method
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 09:41:07 AM »
I suspect you're dragging the actual script from the project view instead of the script on the GameObject. It works much the same as Get Property and Set Property - you have to select a GameObject, find the behaviour on the GameObject, then drag that *component* from the Inspector into the target field. There are a few videos showing this for GetProperty/Set Property on YouTube. Maybe Lane will be nice enough to make one for Call Method :)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 12:08:35 AM »
Hi,

Yep, I have been chating with lane yesterday, he's on the case, and I can confirm it all works fine as well. This sample/tutorial will be the beginning of a new chapter in the wiki where we are going to organize micro samples targeting specific actions, and we'll build up from there for a better way to have all samples organized, instead of spreaded out on forum posts.

Bye,

Jean

mthicke

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 11:38:22 PM »
Thanks, I was trying to drag a script from the Project View rather than from the Inspector.